Not for me

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Not for me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Bliss
    Participant

What a disaster. Waited years for this and its awful. I have tried to import form a variety of sources, and file types and its just damed awful. The end result is simply unusable. We might as well just hand enter each event we are trying to aggregate.

The real shame is Im importing from another Tribe Event Calendar, so you would think there would be some grace, and format retention. Its just the worst attempt you all have ever produced. Not ready for prime time folks.

I would respectfully request a refund.

Cliff

Hi Thomas.

I’m very sorry to hear you’re so disappointed with Event Aggregator (EA). You’re welcome to Request A Refund, but I wouldn’t consider your request “respectful.”

I do understand the frustration of not having things work the way you were expecting them to. Whether we miscommunicated expectations or there’s an issue with a specific import or something else entirely, I definitely want to help where I can…

1) Was there a specific issue you were having trouble with, such as a specific iCal URL or Meetup group?

2) EA replaced our iCal Importer and Facebook Importer plugins. I don’t see either of those plugins in your purchase history; was there something that attracted you to EA that was different than one of those 2?

3) While it’s true we don’t have a true Site A to Site B “sync” or “push”, we do know of some users who use Site A’s iCal URL to import into Site B using EA, in which case a longer-term export is usually helpful.

Here’s an installable .zip file (install it at your Plugins screen) that adds two URLs:

1. example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=recently-published
    2. example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=year

The first is useful when folks are trying to use the iCal importer to pull events from one website to another. It will contain any recently published or modified events. Note: It is subject to the postsperpage setting in WP-Admin > Events > Settings.

The second exports this year’s events (from January through December).

If preferable, there’s a code snippet to share just the events one year out from today. Let me know if this plugin works for you or if you want the code for exporting one year from today.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Thomas Bliss
    Participant

This reply is private.

Thomas Bliss
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thomas, I processed your refund request for Event Aggregator via email, and I appreciate your thoroughness and thoughtfulness.

Also, thanks for your past your continued support of our other products. I passed along this forum thread and your email thread to Support management to make sure your concerns are heard by more than just me.

Also, feel free to document your requests for Event Aggregator (which will continue receiving bug and feature updates over time) at https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/category/181798-event-aggregator

Have a great weekend, and I hope we can impress you with Event Aggregator in the future.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Not for me’ is closed to new replies.