non regular recurring dates in events cal pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions non regular recurring dates in events cal pro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Currently, we have the event tickets plus addon and its working great in conjunction with the events calendar (not pro) and woocommerce. I spoke with the customer today in regard to their new website development and it turns out that his “courses” are actually recurring events on a non pattern based schedule. for example any given course can have 3 different scheduled dates throughout the year. in this example, a course that just passed on the 11th of may is showing as expired even though he plans to run the course again sometime in december. he doesnt want someone to come to the page and think the course is not available, nor does he want to have to update the event date after each one expires every time. theres about 30 courses, so you can imagine the headache of bookkeeping that.

we are very interested in the pro version of the events calendar because it claims to allow us to create non consecutive events:
    “A single event will allow you to schedule one additional event on a specific date and time of your choosing. This is a useful option if your recurring event has an irregular schedule, or has a few random dates in addition to a broader pattern. ”

question 1. can we add more than one?
    question 2. there is no broader pattern, does this matter?

basically i want to create an event and tie about 3 dates to it and have those display on the website.

second half and the most important – the tickets. i noticed that the ticket plus extension has a disclaimer that i dont fully understand.

“Please note that at this time, Event Tickets Plus will NOT support tickets for recurring events. Please keep this in mind before making your purchase.”

what do you mean will NOT support tickets. can i not create 3 tickets with 3 dates on them and tie them to the event? what are the limitations here?

please get back to me, as we are in the final stretches of launching this website and this just came up and i want to get it sorted out. thanks in advance for your prompt response.

-Chris

Chris

im asking a question before i buy the events calendar pro and no one has answered me. this leads me to believe that the support isnt so great on the product if a simple pre sales inquiry cannot be answered in a timely manner. please get back to me soon.

Caroline

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for reaching out–we’re thrilled to hear that you’re considering our plugins for your project! 🙂 We do appreciate your patience as we do our best to attend to all of our customer inquiries in a timely manner. Due to the high volume of pre-sales questions and support requests that we receive on a daily basis, it may be 24-48 hours before some questions may receive a reply from our support team. You can find more information on our turnaround times and details on the level of support that we provide on our forum guidelines, if you’re curious to read more!

To answer your questions here, I’m happy to report that our recurring event feature does support multiple non-consecutive event dates using the “single event” recurrence type. Since you’re specifying events by date, there’s no need to commit to any type of pattern when adding event dates in this format.

Regarding ticketing for recurring events, all tickets that are attached to a recurring event/event series will apply to the entire range of dates for that event, and there is no way to differentiate between a ticket sold on day one versus day two (and so on). If you need to work around this and provide date-specific tickets, I’d suggest creating an event series as normal, then splitting the event series into separate single events and attaching tickets to each of the single events in the series. We’re working on adding full support for recurring event ticketing to future product updates, but it’s simply not ready for prime time yet–I’m so sorry to disappoint. 🙁

I hope that helps to answer your questions here! Thanks again for your interest, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if there’s anything else that we can do for you!

Chris

could i just create multiple tickets and then put the dates in the name of the tickets? would that work?

Caroline

Hi Chris,

Thanks for following up! Absolutely; this should work just fine if you’re willing to apply a bit of extra scrutiny when checking in attendees! Obviously embedding the event date in this manner won’t prevent a ticket from being checked in on another date in the series, but as long as the person screening attendees is careful when scanning tickets, this shouldn’t be an issue. 🙂 You’re always welcome to try setting up a dummy event in this manner and testing check-ins with this ticket type! If you should encounter any issues that might be a deal-breaker, you can always request a refund within 30 days of your original purchase. You can read more about our refund policy at the link below:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘non regular recurring dates in events cal pro’ is closed to new replies.