No Upcoming Events after upgrade to 3.9.3

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No Upcoming Events after upgrade to 3.9.3

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jocwebsites
    Participant

Hi…

I renewed a licence and upgraded Events Calendar Pro to 3.9.3

The upcoming events list did not appear to be loading, I noticed an error: Call to undefined function tribe_events_get_adv_list_widget_args() the site’s theme’s list-widget.php

I copied the wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/views/pro/widgets/list-widget.php to the theme, replacing the old list-widget.php

Now the Upcoming events list appears blank.

Looking in wp-content/themes/blah/tribe-events/pro/widgets/list-widget.php it seems that the widget must be getting an empty ‘$posts’?

Any suggestions?

The
    Thanks!

Barry

Hi jocwebsites,

I’m sorry to hear you have experienced difficulties after updating.

If you remove all widget related template overrides from your theme, does it work as expected then?

jocwebsites
    Participant

I have removed both:
    wp-content/themes/blah/tribe-events/widgets
    wp-content/themes/blah/tribe-events/pro/widgets

from the theme but there still don’t seem to be any upcoming events displayed.

Thanks!

Barry

OK – and can you confirm if any filters have been applied in the list widget settings?

jocwebsites
    Participant

Ok,

* Went to themes->customise->Widgets->Events list
    * There was a filter, so clicked “(remove)”
    * Clicked “Close”

But next time I look at the widget the filter is still in place… No error reports in the logs that I can see.

* Added another copy of the widget, no filter, and events appeared, so it is presumably the filter that’s blocking events from appearing.
    * In the new copy of the widget, changed the number of events to display from 5 to 2 using the pop-up menu and got the following errors:

[18-Jun-2015 01:59:30 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: no_upcoming_events in /blah/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/widget-list.class.php on line 147
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:30 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: venue in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 78
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:30 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: address in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 80
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:30 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: zip in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 83
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:30 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: phone in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 84
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:30 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: cost in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 85
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:30 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: organizer in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 86
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:31 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: no_upcoming_events in /blah/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/widget-list.class.php on line 147
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:31 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: venue in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 78
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:31 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: address in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 80
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:31 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: zip in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 83
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:31 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: phone in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 84
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:31 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: cost in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 85
    [18-Jun-2015 01:59:31 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: organizer in /blah/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/widget-advanced-list.class.php on line 86

So while I think it’s probably the filter that’s causing no events to be displayed, I’m not sure why
    * ‘(remove)’ hasn’t removed the filter when I next check
    * the above errors occur.

Thanks!

Barry

So before we go any further, would you be able to upgrade to our current release (3.10) for both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO?

Aaron
    Participant

We seem to be having the same exact problem – have updated to latest version, but are still receiving the “no upcoming events” notice on the widget. Any solutions?

Barry

Hi Aaron – I’m sorry you’re experiencing difficulties but it is usually best to create a fresh topic of your own: the root cause is not necessarily going to be the same as in @jocwebsite’s case and it also affords an opportunity for you to share your own system information confidentially.

Thanks!

jocwebsites
    Participant

Have upgraded both Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro plugins to v3.10.

* Upcoming events is still showing “There are no upcoming events at this time.”
    * ‘(remove)’ hasn’t removed the filter when I next check, as detailed previously.
    * No error messages in the log this time at least!

Thanks!

Barry

Thanks for updating!

It’s strange that the filter won’t clear. To confirm:

• After clicking on the remove link, does it appear as if each filter is removed at that time?
    • Are you definitely clicking on Save after doing this?
    • What if you “destroy” the widget by dragging it out of the sidebar, then recreate it – does that solve this?

Unfortunately the issue with the widget filters persisting is not something I can replicate locally (nor have I heard other reports of this). If we can’t solve it by any other means, can we try testing for conflicts as per our standard troubleshooting steps?

Thanks and let me know how you get on 🙂

jocwebsites
    Participant

After clicking on the remove link, does it appear as if each filter is removed at that time?

Yes, the filter disappears

Are you definitely clicking on Save after doing this?

The button appears as ‘Saved’, so can’t be clicked? So I’m not sure if the change is being registered at all (otherwise presumably the button would change to ‘Save’?)

What if you “destroy” the widget by dragging it out of the sidebar, then recreate it – does that solve this?

If I recreate the widget it displays events when there is no filter. If I add then try to remove the filter from the new widget, it has the same behaviour (Filter is removed but ‘Saved’ button can’t be clicked).

When editing events the plugin suggests if I need to see filters I now need to install Advanced Post Manager plugin to see them?

Barry

Thanks for testing, @jocwebsites.

The notes on the unclickable ‘saved’ button are particularly interesting. I’m not sure why you are experiencing that but I can’t but suspect a conflict somewhere along the line.

Were you able to complete our standard troubleshooting steps, as requested? If not, are you comfortable with opening your browser’s dev tools and looking in the console for any errors that might appear while viewing the Appearance → Widgets screen (with the problematic ‘saved’ button in front of you)?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘No Upcoming Events after upgrade to 3.9.3’ is closed to new replies.