"no results" message in list view when there are actually upcoming events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions "no results" message in list view when there are actually upcoming events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Susanne Bexten

hi there,
    we use the free version of “the evets calendar” and we have a strange issue only in list view:
    there are upcoming events in the database and they are showing correctly, but nevertheless the message “no results found” (in german: “Es wurden keine Ergebnisse gefunden.”) is showing above the list, which obviously is wrong.
    please help!

thanks in advance
    susanne

George
    Participant

Hi Susanne,

Thanks for reaching out to us – can you share a link to your site, and specifically to a page where this exact problem is visible? We’ll take a closer look and see what we can learn 🙂

Thank you!
    George

Susanne Bexten

hi george,

sorry I forgot that, but here it is: http://www.sc-janus.de/events/
    this is the “landing-page” for our events-section. list-view is the default setting.
    and although there ARE some upcoming events (and they are listed underneath) the message “no ressults…” (in german “Es wurden keine Ergebnisse gefunden.”) is showing above. this also happens when the list view is filtered for a category (e.g. http://www.sc-janus.de/events/kategorie/party/).
    in month-view and on single-event-pages everything is fine.

thanks.

Yvonne

Hi,

first, great plug in.

1. I have the same problem “no results…” (in german “Es wurden keine Ergebnisse gefunden.”)
    2. AND it shows only one event. I made more than one events. In the settings i wrote 10 in the field “number of events”.
    3. There is english/german mix in the header “upcoming Veranstaltungen” What can I do about this?

It would be great to get a little help.

Regards

Yvonne

Forgot the link. Here it is: http://test9629.apps-1and1.net/veranstaltungen

Yvonne

There is also a language mix english/german at the end of the widget
    “View All Veranstaltungen” http://test9629.apps-1and1.net/links

George
    Participant

Hey Folks,

Thank you all for reporting this behavior, and for your patience while we sort it out. I’ve reported this bug to our development team and we’re working on figuring out what’s going on here. Stay tuned to this thread for updates!

In the meantime, on the topic of translations, we’re no longer using the original method for accepting or sharing translations via the Translations Forum but we have something much better now. It will allow more people to contribute and for our translations to stay more consistently updated.

We’ve just launched a whole new process for translations and have two write-ups for it here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-language-on-your-calendar/

And here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-or-updating-a-translation/

Two things to note are:

1 – You do not have to submit an entire translation, you can just submit translations for individual strings. Even if it’s just one string, or something like a spelling correction, it all helps!

2 – Your submitted strings will be saved as “suggestions”, and not immediately included in a translation file for export until an administrator approves them. This may seem like a limitation, but it just helps us ensure nobody comes along and deletes translations or adds spam or something to them. Your suggestions will be approved very promptly.

I hope the information here brings you up to speed on our new translations site – let us know if it does, or if you have any other questions or concerns! 🙂

Thank you! And thank you for your patience with the List View issue.
    George

Susanne Bexten

hi george,

in the meantime I downloaded the updated german translation .po from Marcus (Bremen), which is a very good workaround for now.

but the “no results…”-issue still remains (of course *gg*) and I am very glad to hear that you reported this bug. hope to get it fixed soon, because our users start complaining and being users they think that this is my fault (which it is not, I hope).

maybe you could give me the name of the action/filter hook that fires the function which is outputting the (wrong) message? as a interim workaround I could try to suppress the message, if there are results (which is the case).

have an nice weekend
    susanne

George
    Participant

Thank you so much for your patience, I’ve indeed reported the bug and we will give it its required attention by developers as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can hide those notices by placing CSS like the following in the bottom of your theme’s style.css file – just be sure to remove it after the next plugin update for The Events Calendar! 🙂

.tribe-events-notices {
        display: none !important;
    }

Cheers,
    George

Susanne Bexten

thanks for that suggestion, but it’s too rude in my opinion. I wouldn’t want to eliminate every message, because there could be some valuable information in it, or not? e.g. when there really are no results or whatever…

cheers
    susanne

Yvonne

Hi George,

thanks for your help!

it worked. The message “no results” ist gone for now.

Now it would be great if there were more than one event on the event-list. Also, if you have any idea why it is not possible to show the sidebar when there is the event-list on the page, let me know.

http://test9629.apps-1and1.net/veranstaltungen
    Best regards -Yvonne

I’ll have a look on the language tipps tomorrow

Susanne Bexten

hi all,

instead of setting the whole thing invisible unconditionally, I came up with a solution in jQuery, which removes the notices-div ONLY if it contains just the (wrong) message.

I put this in a .js file which is enqueued in the footer:

$(".tribe-events-notices").each(function(i, element) {
    	if ($(element).html() == '<ul><li>Es wurden keine Ergebnisse gefunden.</li></ul>') $(element).remove();
    });

maybe someone else also finds this useful.
    cheers

George
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

I’m glad that you’ve found temporary solutions here – unfortunately, however, we tried very very hard to recreate these problems on our testing sites, and failed.

I’m sorry to bear that news, but we tried many ways to produce this problem with no luck and even ran the plugin on a German translation to see if that was a factor.

If you’re happy with your solutions for now, that’s fine, but if you’re interested in diving even deeper with this problem, we’d love to hear what you find if you run through the troubleshooting steps outlined here and then try to recreate your problems → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

This seems like it is ultimately a theme or plugin conflict. I hope your temporary solutions work well for now, regardless.

Thank you!
    George

Yvonne

Hi George,

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I tried another Theme and it worked. So i guess it is a Theme conflict somewhere.

Best regards-Yvonne

George
    Participant

Thank you for testing that Yvonne!

I tried another Theme and it worked. So i guess it is a Theme conflict somewhere.

That test is pretty revealing, and it does seem to be a theme-specific conflict here.

I’ll close up this thread for now, with that in mind, but if this issue continues to arise we’ll investigate it again and fix it ASAP 🙂

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘"no results" message in list view when there are actually upcoming events’ is closed to new replies.