no page appears when a choose another month

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO no page appears when a choose another month

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Christophe
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve Event Calendar Pro and since a couple of days, there is a problem when a choose another month on the calendar : it is loading without end and the new page never appears. This problem doesn’t exist when I choose the Map option : it is then possible to have another page with other dates without problem.
    I’ve checked the list of the events and I’ve seen that one repeated event had a problem : about 40 occurrences of the Dutch translation of this event appeared in the french list, without explanation. I had then a very long french list. I have deleted all of those false occurrences and deleted also the problematic event that was repeated, in the french and the Dutch lists. I thought that this would resolve the problem but no : even with clean event lists, the problem remains. It is still possible to see another page with the Map option but impossible with the Month option.
    How can I resolve this problem?
    Thank you
    Christophe

Geoff B.

Good evening Christophe and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the Monthly view not working properly on your install.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

From what I can gather, there seems to be an error 500 generated when visitors click on the “Next month” link.

There are a couple of things worth exploring:

1. You could try enabling the monthly view cache under Events -> Settings -> Display
    2. It looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
      This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
      2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
      3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
      2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

3. Head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.

Once you are there, you should see several cleanup buttons. I would recommend:

• Clearing WPML cache
      • Using ALL the cleanup buttons on that page
      • Re-saving your permalinks

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Christophe
    Participant

Hello Geoff,
    Thank you for you help.
    I have followed the different steps.
    I have enabled the monthly view cache. This has not resolved the problem.
    I have tried with the twenty fifteen theme. This has not resolved the problem.
    I have disabled all the plugins except Event Calendar and Event Calendar Pro. At this moment, the problem was no more there : it was possible to see the other months.
    When I have enabled again the plugins, it worked good until a certain moment. But after a certain amount of enabled plugins, the problem reappeared. Then, nearly all the plugins that I added one by one and separately caused the problem : impossible to see other months.
    I have then disabled again the plugins of the top of the extensions page and enabled the plugins of the bottom of the extensions page (those that caused the problem). Idem : at the beginning, it worked good with the plugins that before caused the problem but at a certain moment, the problem reappeared.
    It seemed that up to a certain amount of plugins, a blockage appeared and then the problem appeared. It was not dependent of one precise plugin but of the amount of enabled plugins.
    I have then seen that without any explanation, there were new events in my list of events, like before : 118 occurrences of the same event in Dutch in the french list of events had been created. I have deleted all those problematic and autogenerated events.
    After this, I have cleaned the WPML cache. The problem remained.
    I have then used all the cleaning buttons of the WPML troubleshooting page. At this step, I have seen that when I clicked on certain buttons, the procedure of cleaning didn’t end. I attach screenshots that show you which are these buttons.
    I have then tried other tests and I have seen that when I click, for instance, on the Dutch link for the daily program, the computer tells me that there is an error 500. This does not happen when I click on the link for the daily program in french.
    Should I try to reinitialize WPML at the bottom of the WPML troubleshooting page?
    Is the problem in my website or on the server of WPserveur where my website is hosted?
    Thank you for your help!
    Christophe

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Christophe
    Participant

This reply is private.

Christophe
    Participant

This reply is private.

Christophe
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Christophe
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Christophe
    Participant

Bonjour Geoff,
    Merci pour votre aide. Il y avait en effet un problème d’assignation de la langue des événements délinquants. Le support de WPML a constaté que de nombreux événements étaient “sans langue”. Elle a donc assigné le français à tous ces événements et m’a demandé de les supprimer tous, ce que j’ai fait. Et depuis, il n’y a plus d’événements délinquants.
    Le problème est donc résolu.
    Merci pour votre aide!
    Christophe

Barry

Hi Christophe!

Geoff is currently unavailable but if I understand correctly, this issue is now resolved and so I will go ahead and close the thread.

Of course, should we be able to help with anything else please do create a new forum topic and one of the team will be only too happy to assist 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘no page appears when a choose another month’ is closed to new replies.