No metadata being saved in event creation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No metadata being saved in event creation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

We’re using plugin version 3.10 and WordPress latest 4.2.2
    We have already tested with all other plugins deactivated.

When creating a new event, no metadata is being saved. We first noticed when the event dates were not being saved but then also saw the venue is also not being saved.

We have hooked metaboxes and those have their metadata saved.

The plugin builtin metadata is saved when updating an event.

Please help.

Daniel
    Participant

The issue seems to be the same as in previous versions of the plugin:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-dates-not-saving-in-control-panel/

I’m also getting these errors (only noticed now as the tickets plugin was deactivated)

\fsf\web\app\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\deprecated\TribeEventsTickets.php is deprecated since version 3.10! Use Tribe__Events__Tickets__Tickets instead. in C:\xamppA\htdocs\fsf\web\wp\wp-includes\functions.php on line 3448

Notice: C:\xamppA\htdocs\fsf\web\app\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\deprecated\TribeEvents.php is deprecated since version 3.10! Use Tribe__Events__Main instead. in C:\xamppA\htdocs\fsf\web\wp\wp-includes\functions.php on line 3448

Notice: C:\xamppA\htdocs\fsf\web\app\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\deprecated\TribePluginUpdateEngineChecker.php is deprecated since version 3.10! Use Tribe__Events__PUE__Checker instead. in C:\xamppA\htdocs\fsf\web\wp\wp-includes\functions.php on line 3448

Daniel
    Participant

I found what the problem was to not saving the metadata. I was adding support to revisions

add_action( ‘init’, ‘custom_support_events’ );
    function custom_support_events() {
    add_post_type_support( ‘tribe_events’, ‘revisions’ );
    }

If I remove that it all works but i still need to support revisions. What to do?

Nico

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to our support forums!

I could reproduce what you are pointing out here, but I’ll need to take a deeper look to better understand it. At first sight it looks like a bug but I’m not sure about it.

As far as I understand revisions don’t store meta data (for any post type), so if you are expecting that I think it’s not possible without some custom coding at least.

I’ll dig into this tomorrow and get back to you,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Danie,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up on this: another team member confirmed he could reproduce it as well so most probably we are facing a bug. Making sure it’s a legit bug, getting it fixed and finally including the fix in an upcoming release, it’s a process that will take time.

I’ll let you know if it’s a bug indeed and if I can provide you with a quick fix for this, or if that is not a possibility. Really sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Best,
    Nico

Daniel
    Participant

Thanks for you prompt reply Nico.

If you could keep us updated, we’d appreciate. In the mean time we’re reducing the scope of the project to not including WordPress revisions in the events.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Nico

Daniel,

Not much news for now. Current state is: other members of the team confirmed they could reproduce this as well, so I filed it as a bug. I have to wait for someone on the dev team to take a look and confirm it’s indeed a bug or if it’s something intentionally avoided.

I’ll keep this on my radar and let you know when I have any news about it.

Best,
    Nico

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we weren’t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which this issue is no longer present.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

Please update the plugins and see if it works for you. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘No metadata being saved in event creation’ is closed to new replies.