No Facebook from Group

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator No Facebook from Group

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steenberg
    Participant

Hi
    I have noticed that it seems that it is not possible directly to interface to a facebook event calender when page is a groups/my-page?
    Also, I noticed that it can be fixed but I to change something but are a little unsure where and that.
    In import Facebook events I got this “my-page does not have any Facebook events” (it does) – it seems I got contact to facebook. But when I try to manual load an event it goes all red in warnings.
    Help?
    Thanks

Barry

Hi Steenberg,

There are some challenges here and they mostly relate to what the Facebook Graph API will allow us to do.

Occasionally, depending on the content of the Facebook page in question, it may not be accessible to our importer due to additional restrictions enforced by Facebook (adult and alcohol related content are examples, but are not the only reasons for this).

Can you share – by private reply if you prefer – one of the Facebook pages you are trying to import from?

Steenberg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Steenberg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Steenberg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Tom,

You’re right and – unfortunately – groups are not currently supported by the Facebook Importer (which I should have highlighted initially).

We’d need to investigate adding this capability and facilitate the passing of a user access token to Facebook – right now, then, I’m afraid you would probably have to import events on an individual basis as you already tried rather than by trying to use the automated import feature.

Barry

It still have problems with pictures.

This is a known bug and a fix is coming shortly! In the meantime, can you try the fix/workaround suggested here?

Steenberg
    Participant

yep it seems fixes the picture problem πŸ˜‰
    Regarding the “groups” importer..
    Your function “function get_events_for_object” (in case groups) need the user_token not the normal token.
    Changing this everything seems work as long as the user_token is open typically a couple of hours.
    To get user_token is a little difficult to get since it seems be only available via the redirect_url. e.g. https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?client_id=<YourAppID>&response_type=token&redirect_uri=http://www.yoursite.com/apage.php (yousite same as listed in App setup). In a browser will open a page on your site and in the URL the user_token is listed.
    Here my PHP/wordpress coding abilities ends.. but my idea (do not know if possible):
    Your function “do_auto_import” -> will get normal token -> start the redirect_url The actual import will be done on the redirect page using the user_token provided…
    Maybe some will come up with a solution some day πŸ˜‰

Barry

Definitely – I’ve no doubt it’s possible and we have certainly taken note of this and some other forum threads that have indicated group support would be desirable πŸ™‚

Unfortunately, though, there’s not too much more I can provide in the short-term for this issue but do know that we have this logged for further consideration.

Thanks once again for the feedback and ideas – and if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new thread and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here and give you an update. While we weren’t able to get this feature into our upcoming 4.2 release, it is still on our list of ideas to implement in future releases.

We appreciate your patience, and we will be sure to update this thread when we have more news. Thank you for your continued support, and keep an eye out for version 4.2 coming in the next few weeks!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘No Facebook from Group’ is closed to new replies.