No events show up in Admin page after updating to E Calendar Pro3.2

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No events show up in Admin page after updating to E Calendar Pro3.2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    epratt
    Participant

We have 535 published events and now can’t edit them in the admin page. Can’t search them or anything. Please help! We need to modify dates ASAP because they have been changed. Thanks!

epratt
    Participant

Here is what is in the error log.

[18-Nov-2013 16:47:24] PHP Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home4/kartwith/public_html/shoprwre/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-template-factory.class.php on line 268
    [18-Nov-2013 20:40:48] PHP Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home4/kartwith/public_html/shoprwre/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-template-factory.class.php on line 265
    [18-Nov-2013 21:11:24] PHP Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home4/kartwith/public_html/shoprwre/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-template-factory.class.php on line 268

Barry

To address those errors can you try the suggestion made here?

If that doesn’t solve the primary problem (an inability to edit them, which sounds to me like a separate problem) can you try deactivating all other plugins and reverting to a default, unmodified theme and see if that helps?

Thanks!

epratt
    Participant

Sorry I had posted to the wrong post when looking at the link you sent me.

Hi Barry,
    As far as those errors I just happened to see them in the log file. My main issue is still that none of my events show up in the admin section. I can’t search them or anything. I have over 500 events published and seem to work fine on the front end. But I can’t see any events in the back end to make changes. The site is a live site so I can’t really go changing things on the fly as far testing with a different theme or shutting off other plugins. No other plugins have been added. The only change made was updating to 3.2 events cal. pro. Is there a way I can simply go back to the older version? That would solve my problems for the time being.

Chris
    Participant

Hi there,
    Can you try the following:
    1. Deactivate and then re-activate Pro. See if your events are back.
    2. If that doesn’t work try dropping https://gist.github.com/jazbek/6585714 into your theme’s functions.php file (minus the <?php ).

Also if you could specify whether you guys are using WP Multisite or not that would be great

epratt
    Participant

Thanks Chris I will try this tonight when less people are on the site and let you know.

pknvelp
    Participant

The change to functions.php worked for me.

epratt
    Participant

Hi Chris, so I added the code and still doesn’t work. I also deactivated the events calendar and Pro and restarted them as well and still no luck. And to answer your other question, no we’re not running multisite.

Thanks

Chris
    Participant

@epratt can you paste in your System Info, found on the Help tab of the Tribe settings

epratt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, epratt. Thanks for the additional info.

It looks like this is a bug that will be resolved by our next release. In the interim, would you please try replacing the contents of the file at the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-template-factory.class.php with the code here: http://d.pr/f/eh0I

That should get you back in business. 🙂

epratt
    Participant

Hi Kelly,

I tried that code and still no luck.

Thanks
    Eric

Barry

Hi epratt,

At this point I think we need to go back to basics and try our standard troubleshooting steps of reverting to a default, unmodified theme (such as Twenty Twelve) and deactivating all other plugins:

But I can’t see any events in the back end to make changes. The site is a live site so I can’t really go changing things on the fly as far testing with a different theme or shutting off other plugins. No other plugins have been added.

We completely understand: but perhaps you can use a testing environment or even create a fresh installation in a subdirectory, build up some test data and then start adding the theme and other plugins in use on your live site to try and detect any conflict.

Is that possible here?

epratt
    Participant

Ok well my only option would be to create a complete back up, create a new directory and restore it there. I will do that over the next few days and report back.
    Thanks!

epratt
    Participant

Is it possible for me to export all of my events and venues and import them into another installation of the events calendar on another site without doing a complete site back up and install? Besides testing, I need to move our event schedule to another site as well that is completely different visually from the current one.

Thanks
    Eric

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘No events show up in Admin page after updating to E Calendar Pro3.2’ is closed to new replies.