No events for the month misaligns my header

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No events for the month misaligns my header

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Krekorian
    Participant

I really would like to get this taken care of as soon as possible. I am more than willing to give you guys access to the site to fix the problem. Thanks!

Scott
    Participant

Thanks for the note – look forward to the fix.

btw, Need any beta other testers for the upcoming add ons?

Rob

Hey Scott. While we’re currently between betas (the community & eventbrite ones are past since we’re so close to realeasing them), but we’ll have another batch of betas kicking off over the next month or so as we move onto our WooCommerce, conference manager etc add-ons. Happy to save you a slot for those if you reach out to me (email tri.be /a/ pro) once you seem them announced here or on our Twitter/Facebook pages. Thanks for your interest and let me know if I can do anything else in the interim.

Jacob Krekorian
    Participant

Still no solution? My client keeps bugging me to fix this issue.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Jacob, this is fixed in our upcoming 2.0.5 release which we plan on rolling out very soon! Stay tuned 🙂

Jacob Krekorian
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    I upgraded to 2.0.5 but the same problem still persists. Please check it here:
    http://www.ashe-ghr.org/upcoming-events/

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jacob, very sorry for the inconvenience, it does still appear to be an issue and I’ve re-opened the ticket to have this fixed. It’ll either be in 2.0.6 or 2.1 which will be coming out in the following weeks.

Jacob Krekorian
    Participant

Is there anything I can do in the meantime? It only appears when there is no event made for the month. Is there a way to add a recurring event at the end of each month, but have it hidden from plain view?

Jonah
    Participant

I would suggest creating an events category “hidden” and then add a recurring event that occurs sometime every month. Then you’ll be able to target just that category in the CSS like so:

.hentry.cat_hidden {
    display: none;
    }

That should work, good idea!

David Maloney
    Participant

I am also hitting this problem and the workaround using a hidden recurring event is not only less than ideal (it clutters up your event list horribly) but it also doesn’t work when the event recurs for 36 months.

I used Chrome’s developer tools to see that there are extra HTML tags being rendered around the tribe-events-calendar and tribe-events-calendar-header, which I suspect are the problem with why the navigation gets completely wrecked on months without events, but I have not figured out how to get around this.

In my test, I created an event that recurs for 36 months and tested it before I added the style to hide the category – and the entire calendar failed to render. I deleted the event and the calendar returned, so I tried it with only 3 reoccurrences and it worked. I really don’t want to have to remember adding this event, so can you please look further into this issue?

Thanks much!

Rob

Hey David, are you saying that this still happens after you update to 2.0.8?

David Maloney
    Participant

Hi Rob, yes I updated to 2.0.8 and this still happens.

Rob

Gotcha. Thanks for confirming as much; looking through our bug tracker, I see that this is still slated for 2.1 (which we’re working on now and should have out over the next few months). So an official fix in whatever capacity that is possible should be arriving then.

Let me see if Jonah has any ideas specific to your situation that can help in the interim. Thanks for your patience so far on this.

Jonah
    Participant
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘No events for the month misaligns my header’ is closed to new replies.