Feature request – Automatic sending of PDF after PayPal payment

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Feature request – Automatic sending of PDF after PayPal payment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joseph
    Participant

Hello,
    This is a great add-on. Could you add the following as a feature request for a future revision? Tx.

On many web sites that sell event tickets, once a customer pays online using a credit card or PayPal, they immediately receive a receipt and a ticket PDF, whether immediately downloadable or via email.

With WooTickets, it appears that an admin must manually monitor and go to each new customers order and change the status to Completed in order to send out the PDF ticket even though the customer has already paid.

Feature request – Please add an option so that WooTickets events generate WooCommerce products that are marked virtual and downloadable so that customers can automatically receive their PDFs upon payment.

Thanks!

Tony
    Participant

You need to mark tickets as both virtual and downloadable. See this previous thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/instant-payment-status/

Joseph
    Participant

Thanks for the response, Tony. Yes, I know and that’s what we’ve resorted to doing.

The feature wishlist request would be for WooTickets to either automatically create products with for downloadable ticket products with these two settings or to provide a setting to always automatically do this for downloadable ticket products so that the customer experience mirrors that of common event sites. Given that WooTicket PDF tickets sort of meet WooCommerce’s definitions for “downloadable” and for “virtual” (no dimensions, shipment info needed, etc.), it would be great if WooTicket were to create the WooCommerce products with these two properties activated.

Barry

Joseph: yep I’ve got that logged, it would seem to me to be a sensible way forward and once the team are ready to work on the next iteration of WooTickets this is something they can consider.

Thanks for your feedback – we’ve had a lot of great ideas being posted and it is all really great stuff 🙂

Paul
    Participant

Second me for this as a feature request – it’s the killer feature needed to make the plugin smooth for both admins and users. Out of interest, is there a timescale for the next iteration? Great work so far on the plugin mind, keep up the good work.

Barry

Hey Paul – thanks for your thoughts on this one, it definitely feels like there’s a lot of demand for this and I’ll take note of that.

Unfortunately we don’t have an official timescale for the next iteration, it depends on quite a few factors. Normally but not always monthly maintenance builds are released – but that doesn’t necessarily mean entirely new features will be rolled in.

It may be after the 3.0 release before we see some of the stuff that’s been mooted in recent threads here in the WooTickets forum.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature request – Automatic sending of PDF after PayPal payment’ is closed to new replies.