No Content in the Blog

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No Content in the Blog

• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nhecker.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    nhecker
    Participant

Hi!

I have a very urgent problem. I have added the link to the event in a post. It works fine. But in the blog I will only see the link (not the post).

HELP!

Regards Nadja

nhecker
    Participant

I urgently need help. the customer is waiting!

Hi Nadja,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

Can you provide me with a link to where you are seeing this issue?

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

nhecker
    Participant

Hi,

The blog works with another theme. But that does not help me. The site is already online and I was assured that the theme and event calendar are pro compatible. The customer is very upset now. Divi is not an insignificant theme. I hope so for help.

Best Regards Nadja

Hi Nadja,

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.

This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Basically the goal here is just for me to confirm that this issue is present on the latest version of our plugin.  I cannot guarantee that I can provide a resolution to this issue.

Please also note that support for theme conflicts is limited as stated in our support policy.

You may also want to reach out to your theme developers in the meantime to see if they have any solutions for you on this issue as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

nhecker
    Participant

Hello Jamie,

I have already contacted the developers too. Since Divi is a common theme, it will certainly benefit other users if the problem is solved.
    Can you give me an email address. I would like to share a link with you via Dropbox. Then you have the last Divi version.
    Maybe we can improve the co-compatibility together 🙂

Regards Nadja

Hi Nadja,

Great, good to hear.  You can add the link to this forum thread in a private reply.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Mathew
    Participant

Nadja,

The issue has nothing to do with The Events Calendar. It’s a limitation of the DIVI builder when using their Blog Module.

You can test this by trying to insert a link to ANY other external blog post or media such as a YouTube video in the Blog Module and you will see that only the link shows on the blog page.

As a work-around you can embed an event link using; [embed]YOUR LINK[/embed].

Hope this helps.

Hi Nadja,

Unfortunately if the issue has nothing to do with The Events Calendar, there is nothing else that I can really do here.  Since I don’t have a copy of the Divi Builder and if the issue is present on the Blog Module regardless of The Events Calendar, I’d recommend continuing to deal with the issue with Divi.

Let me know if you have any other questions for us!

Thanks,

Jaime

nhecker
    Participant

Your employee has already written to me that it is up to DIVI. That’s why I did not even send a new version. Would not help.

Okay, good to know.  Let me know if you need any further assistance from us!

nhecker
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I found another solution. she is a bit awkward but it works.

Regards Nadja

Hi Nadja,

Glad to hear that you have found a suitable solution,you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since this issue has been resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘No Content in the Blog’ is closed to new replies.