no calendar display

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO no calendar display

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Lou
    Participant

What does plugin-detective do other than disable other plugins? I’ve already done that and it seems like it’s the number of plugins not a specific plugin which seems to be causing this.

Note as I said the events seem to work when I disable The Events Calendar PRO only.

Like I said, this doesn’t feel like a plugin incompatibility to me, rather a timing issue.

Anyway I did run plugin detective and it says the problem is with The Events Calendar Filter Bar. I believe that is because this one was the last one it tried to activate, and again that there are “too many” plugins active.

I am comfortable debugging from the console, and can learn to debug the PHP if you have suggestions. I think this is something in The Events Calendar because those are the only pages I’ve seen affected by having “too many” plugins.

BTW, I see uncompleted rendering on https://sandbox.steeplechasers.org/events/community/add as well if too many, with a different threshold than https://sandbox.steeplechasers.org/events

Lou
    Participant

I have been hacking away looking at this, and noticed the following

Added the following to /the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Templates.php just before return:

// which template?
                        $dbg_traceback = wp_debug_backtrace_summary();
                        write_log ("Tribe__Events__Templates::get_current_page_template: template = {$template}\n{$dbg_traceback}");

I see the following in the log when the page is loaded successfully.

[17-Jun-2018 19:46:33 UTC] Tribe__Events__Templates::get_current_page_template: template = /var/www/sandbox.steeplechasers.org/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month.php
    require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/default-template.php'), tribe_get_view, tribe_get_current_template, Tribe__Events__Templates::get_current_page_template
    [17-Jun-2018 19:46:33 UTC] Tribe__Events__Templates::get_current_page_template: template = /var/www/sandbox.steeplechasers.org/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month.php
    require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/default-template.php'), tribe_get_view, include('/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month.php'), tribe_get_template_part, include('/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month/content.php'), tribe_events_the_header_attributes, tribe_get_current_template, Tribe__Events__Templates::get_current_page_template

I see the following when the page load fails

[17-Jun-2018 19:10:47 UTC] Tribe__Events__Templates::get_current_page_template: template = /var/www/sandbox.steeplechasers.org/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month.php
    require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/default-template.php'), tribe_get_view, tribe_get_current_template, Tribe__Events__Templates::get_current_page_template

As you can see, when the page load fails, the second call to Tribe__Events__Templates::get_current_page_template (which dives into month.php) does not get executed.

Please have your developers look at this and let me know some good places to place additional log traces.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I have a few people look at this and based on the information presented, it looks like the hosting environment may be running out of memory or resources intermittently. Since the calendar works most of the time and doesn’t when multiple memory intensive plugins are activated this may be the case. A few things you can try is increasing the php memory. Should be set to at least 256 mb. I would activate all the plugins in your dev site and have your hosting look at the usage on the server and apache logs to see if there is some sign of memory exhaustion.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Lou
    Participant

Heh. I’m the sysop for a digital ocean server.

I did quick test and updated php memory_limit from 128M (default) to 256M, and it looks like things are ok.

Not sure why I didn’t think of this.

Thanks!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Awesome! Glad it is working.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘no calendar display’ is closed to new replies.