No attendees list, no emailed tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus No attendees list, no emailed tickets

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jaredc
    Participant

We’ve had two events that we’ve been selling tickets for and they worked ok. However, starting march 18th, when someone buys a ticket, they are not getting an email with the tickets and they are not getting added to the attendees list. Even thought the report says “2 of 20 tickets sold”. Now we have about 15 events and this is how I noticed no one was being added to the attendees list.

Barry

Hi jaredc,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems. Can you confirm the order status of the affected orders?

Could you also let me know which versions of WooCommerce and WooTickets you are using (you can find this by viewing the list of plugins).

jaredc
    Participant

The order statuses are all processing. Weird. I never noticed this before. All of the orders with wootickets are still “processing” where as orders from normal woocommerce items are completed. What’s with this?

Wordpress: 3.5.1
    Wootickets: 1.0.1

jaredc
    Participant

When I click “complete” on an order. It sends the ticket. Interesting… Why isn’t this happening automatically?

Barry

Tickets are simply regular WooCommerce products, albeit they are defined as “shipped” products. My understanding is what you are seeing is simply the default behaviour, though a few folks have worked around it to have order automatically complete by changing the product type to virtual/download (with varying success).

jaredc
    Participant

Ok that is the reason why. I knew I should have mentioned that I changed the products to “virtual” rather than shipped products. This is because our flat rate shipping policy was catching wooticket items and charging for shipping.

Barry

Yep, so right now it’s something you’d need to workaround. We do have an issue logged and are investigating other options to facilitate the sort of order workflow you and others are interested in – but we haven’t confirmed anything yet.

jaredc
    Participant

Would the workaround be setting up a new shipping class that provides free shipping and adding these items to it? Would that make the pdf/ticket mail out automatic?

Barry

For some people the workaround has been finding whichever product setting allows WooCommerce to move the order status directly to complete.

If you want to do something programmatic then I’d hazard a guess that you could accomplish this using an action/filter – however you would of course need to be confident that the payment had been captured (unless you are not worried about that).

jaredc
    Participant

It looks like if I check Downloadable in addition to Virtual, it will send the tickets right away.

Barry

OK – glad that’s working for you 🙂

jaredc
    Participant

Ok, now we’re getting some duplicates in the attendees list that link to the same order. They have different security codes. I’m guessing the wootickets attendee creation action/hook got triggered twice somehow.

Barry

If it seems like the same issue as described here then please feel free to watch that thread for updates and, if it is the same problem, then the best workaround in the interim is to avoid cycling through different order states.

If you feel it is a different problem though please go ahead and create a new thread (please also detail the version of WooCommerce you are using) and we’ll take things from there.

(Since the original issue in this thread seems to be resolved I will now close this thread.)

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘No attendees list, no emailed tickets’ is closed to new replies.