Extra PDFs created

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Extra PDFs created

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Joseph
    Participant

Hello,

Is it normal behavior for extra tickets to be generated when one toggles an order status from Completed to Processing back to Completed?

Background: After placing an order for 3 tickets, an order confirmation was generated, but no PDF tickets were attached. Checking the attendee list confirmed that there were 3 tickets and codes generated though. While investigating this, I toggled the order back to Processing and again back to Completed. After doing this, another order confirmation was sent out, but this time, PDFs were attached. There were 6 tickets attached though, each with unique codes. Checking the event again showed 6 tickets for this original order for 3 (WooCommerce’s order also shows 3). Is this expected behavior, or should the toggling of the order have simply sent out the confirmation email again, but with the 3 tickets?

Thanks.

Version: WooCommerce 1.66

Joseph
    Participant

BTW, I still haven’t discovered why the original email did not contain any PDFs. The product has “Downloadable” and “Virtual” both set to True. Manage Stock was set to False though. Before I toggled the order status from Completed to Processing to Completed, I changed “Managed Stock” to True and set an inventory to 100. I’m not sure if this caused the emails to start attaching PDFs again.

Barry

(Moving this to the WooTickets forum.)

This sounds like a known bug which I believe was fixed in WooTickets 1.0.1 … can you confirm that that is the version you are using and that you are still seeing this behaviour?

Joseph
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the response! Yes, I’m on WooCommerce 1.6.6, Events Calendar Pro 2.0.11 and Wootickets 1.0.1. This situation had occurred shortly after I had updated to 1.0.1.

Barry

Thanks for the update – I’m just touching base with the rest of the team to get ideas on this one.

Joseph
    Participant

Thanks. Are the two issues related to the known bug? I.e., #1) initial confirmation email sent to client did not include PDF tickets, #2) toggling the status to resend the confirmation generates a new email with tickets but with double the number of tickets.

Barry

Well, in discussing this with our developer it seems it is actually part and parcel of the same problem. If you can bear with us I’ll try to update you as soon as I can, though it might take a couple of days.

Barry

So the issue with tickets being sent twice has been fixed as of our next release.

However, please note that if you toggle the order status from completed to a different state and back again a new order confirmation email will still be dispatched: this is however a facet of WooCommerce rather than WooTickets and isn’t something we can/should control.

I hope that clears things up – but do let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Joseph
    Participant

Hi Barry,

That’s good news. When will the fix be available for download? Also, do you know if this fix also fixes the issue where NO tickets got sent with the confirmation email?

Thanks!

Barry

It’s not a fix as such – more a change in direction – but it should be released at approximately the same time as The Events Calendar 3.0. Right now we think that will be available within 2 months or so – but that’s really more of a rough guide rather than something set in stone.

Joseph
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the quick response. We’ll hold off on using the ticketing plugin then.

Barry

OK, I’ll close this thread for the time being and in the event there are further problems please just create new threads as needed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Extra PDFs created’ is closed to new replies.