Next/Previous links don't appear

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Next/Previous links don't appear

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Mumford

I am using the free version of Even Calendar for evaluation. I have some questions before I recommend to my company that we get the pro version. I have installed the plugin on a internal intranet site, so I cannot provide a link. The site is served from a IIS server, with permalinks active.

The issue is: neither Next nor Previous links appear when I go to the root calendar page.

If I use the search to look for all events in a future month, I get that month, and it has a Previous link (but no Next link).

I see some threads related to this bug, but nothing resolved and no advice.

The plugin does out put a LOT of messages to the console, but no error messages. Are you folks intentionally outputting all these console messages? Output below.

[“TEC Debug: Tribe Events JS init, Init Timer started from tribe-events.js.”]0: “TEC Debug: Tribe Events JS init, Init Timer started from tribe-events.js.”length: 1__proto__: Array(0)
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.4:1 TEC Debug: Browser and events settings information:
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.4:1 [“User agent reported as: “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; I…ML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.75 Safari/537.36”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.4:1 [“Live ajax returned its state as: “true”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.4:1 [“Tribe js detected the view to be: “month”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.4:1 [“Supports pushstate: “true”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.4:1 [“TEC Debug: tribe-events.js successfully loaded”]0: “TEC Debug: tribe-events.js successfully loaded”length: 1__proto__: Array(0)
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.4:1 [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-bar.js successfully loaded”]0: “TEC Debug: tribe-events-bar.js successfully loaded”length: 1__proto__: Array(0)
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.4:1 [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-ajax-calendar.js successfully loaded, Tribe Events Init finished”]

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

In general, if there are no events in a previous or future month, the Previous and Next links will not appear.  If this is not the case with your events, I would recommend starting off by running through our testing for conflicts procedure to see if there is a conflict between our plugin and another plugin or theme.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please post in our WordPress.org forums with any other Events Calendar questions.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Peter Mumford

Hi Jamie,
    Thanks for the reply. You are right, the Next link does appear when there is an event in a forward month. I think the Next link should always be present.

I am also not happy that the plugin logs debugging statements to the console. This is sloppy coding, and possibly a security risk.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I’m glad we could help you to resolve your issue.  We appreciate your feedback, please let us know if you have any other questions.

As I see that you marked this thread as Resolved, I’m going to close it for now.  Please let me know if anything else comes up.

Have a great week!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Next/Previous links don't appear’ is closed to new replies.