Next month view is empty!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Next month view is empty!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kelli Burrows
    Participant

Although the last update fixed some of the issues, NOW if you click the link at the bottom of the month for the next month “November” it reads

There were no results found for “Keyword” this month. Try searching next month.

Client is unhappy, I’m unhappy.

ASAP please.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Kelli,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I have checked on my test site with the latest versions of the plugins the following:

• month view on this month (as it loads) and click on November => all shows fine
    • month view, run a keyword search for “intro”. Only events with “intro” show up in October. I click on November => November shows up with events that have “intro” in them. So all works fine here as well.

Can you share with me some more details on what is exactly happening? What are the steps you are taking?

Also, please share your system information with me.

Thanks and I’m looking forward to helping you figure this one out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

I managed to take a look at https://runmdra.org/ and see what’s happening there.

Please go through our conflict testing guide to see if that brings up anything.

Thanks!

Andras

Kelli Burrows
    Participant

I can’t imagine what plug in would cause this, it was working before.

I went through all the plug ins, it isn’t one of them.

I did have trouble uploading the update and ended up using my FTP to put the update in. It wouldn’t load through WP.

And it worked before the last update.

Please advise.
    Kelli Burrows 612.804.6505 web & graphic design
    http://www.kincaid-burrows.com (http://www.kincaid-burrows.com)

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Kelli,

Sorry about the troubles with the plugin update.

It wouldn’t load through WP.

Did you receive any error messages when trying to upload through the WP dashboard?

There are 3 paths you can take for updating the plugins:

1. if you have the license key entered under Events > Settings >  Licenses tab then you will receive a notification on the wp dashboard that an update is available, and you can update the plugin with a click under Dashboard > Updates.
    2. Manual update through WordPress: under Plugins deactivate then delete the plugin. Then you can do to Plugins > Add new > upload and upload the zip file. Afterwards you can activate the plugin and you’re good to go.
    3. Manual update through ftp: deactivate the plugin, log in to your ftp server, delete the folder containing the plugin, i.e. ‘events-calendar-pro’. Upload the new files, activate the plugin on the WP dashboard and done.

Note, then in the case of #2 if you don’t delete the old version you will not be able to update the plugin. When doing #3 it is not necessary but recommended to delete the contents of the folder.

I would also recommend doing a full file and database backup before doing any updates on your site.

I hope this will allow you to have a seamless plugin update in the future.

I can’t imagine what plug in would cause this, it was working before.

It is always difficult to say. The code of the plugins and themes – ours and others as well – is changing with updates and sometimes even a minor change here or there can cause an issue.

Thanks for running the conflict test. Did you also manage to test the behavior with a default theme like twentyseventeen? It can happen that there is a custom code in your current theme that results in this behavior. Switching themes and testing can help us eliminate this possibility – or discover the source of the issue.

Sidenote:

Some errors showed up in the console window when loading the calendar page. There is a ‘500 internal server error’ for these three files. I don’t know if that’s connected, but might be worth checking out.

Let me know if you still get the issue with twentyseventeen and we can dig further.

Cheers,
    Andras

Kelli Burrows
    Participant

Okay, it is the theme. Here is the url that goes with the error.

https://runmdra.org/race-calendar/2017-12/?tribe-bar-date=2017-12&tribe-bar-search=Keyword

for some reason when you click the “December” when you are on November it is trying to search for a “keyword”.

I did upgrade my php version to 7+ Still no joy

Need this resolved. Thanks
    kburrows

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Kelli,

Thanks for reporting back! Stoked to hear we are a step closer.

If the theme is causing this issue then I can think of 2 places where we can look for this glitch:

• In the functions.php file of theme / child theme there might be a piece of custom code. If you find any custom code here that looks like it’s doing something with the events, then comment out that part and check. (Or you can comment out everything and add them back one-by-one.)
    • There can be a template override that comes with the theme. The template overrides can be found in this folder: wp-content/themes/[theme or child theme folder]/tribe-events. Simply rename the folder to ‘_tribe-events’ and the overrides will not be activated. Then check if you still have the issue.

Let’s see where this gets us.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Next month view is empty!’ is closed to new replies.