"Next Events" button loads same page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus "Next Events" button loads same page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    integrity
    Participant

f you are viewing events in our calendar sorted by venue (ex: https://explorestlouis.com/venue/the-fabulous-fox-theatre/) when you get to the bottom of the page and hit the “Next Events” button it does not go forward to the next events at that venue. It is simply loading the same page you are on again.

The same thing is happening if you use the search bar in events. If you get to the bottom of the search results that were returned and hit “Next” it is just reloading the same page.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi integrity,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry to hear about this issue with the paging. Let’s try to solve this.

I see that some of the plugins you use are a bit outdated. Please update at least the calendar plugins to the latest versions after creating a full backup of your site.

After the update, please check if the issue still exists.

If it’s still not working, I would like to ask you to run a conflict test based on this guide.

The guide says “Step 2) Re-enable your plugins one at a time, retest between each.” I see you have a lot of plugins and it would take very long. Instead of going one by one, you can do batches of 5 or 10 to speed it up.

Let me know what you find and we can go further from there.

Cheers,
    Andras

integrity
    Participant

Hi Andras,

I followed this guide to troubleshoot the issue and found that the theme is causing the issue. I switched to the Twenty Sixteen theme and disabled all plugins except for The Event Calendar plugins then the Next Button began working as expected. I then reactivated all the plugins and still saw the Next Button was functioning correctly. Any suggestions on how to identify the conflict between the theme and the plugin that’s causing this issue?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for going through the test. Great find!

Now that we have narrowed it down to the theme we can do the following.

There probably is some code in your theme that is causing this glitch. Your theme should have a functions.php file with all kinds of code in it.

The next step would be to dissect this code. Much like with the plugins all the code parts should be disabled, and re-enabled one-by-one and see which function / method causes the issue.

Do you think you can do that? Let me know if you need help.

Cheers,
    Andras

integrity
    Participant

Hi Andras,

I attempted to follow your instructions but had no luck. First I commented out the entire file and the button still did not work. I then tried to comment function by function and this did not work either. Is there any else I could try?

Andras
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that.

I see you have a lot of plugins that seem to be linking into the theme you are using.

Did you by chance try to have only the calendar plugins and your theme active, what that does?

My thinking is that you had all plugins active, but not your theme. It can happen that the plugins that tie into your theme do not get active if the theme is not active. Once you activated the theme those went live as well and started causing the issue. Having your theme active, but those plugins deactivated can help us in discovering that angle.

Thanks,
    Andras

integrity
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thanks for the advice! I ended up find the code that was causing this issue – it was in the single-venue.php file.

Andras
    Keymaster

Awesome! Happy to hear you found the source of the issue. Great job!

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: We’d be grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Thanks!

PS2: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would also be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Much appreciated!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘"Next Events" button loads same page’ is closed to new replies.