Next and Previous buttons display the wrong event dates (cont.)

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Next and Previous buttons display the wrong event dates (cont.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Grant
    Participant

Hi there

This is in relation to a previous discussion that I need to continue: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/next-and-previous-buttons-display-the-wrong-event-dates/

We have since updated the plugins to the latest versions as recommended, however, the same problem occurs.

Do you have any further information or advice?

Thanks
    Lin

Geoff

Hello Lin,

Thanks for getting back in touch! Sorry the issue is still popping up here, but let’s see if we can piggyback off of the thread you and George worked on together and figure out what’s happening.

First off, will you please provide me with your system information? You provided it in the last thread, but I’d like to see it now that the plugins have been updated just to make sure I have the latest info. The information can be found at Events > Settings > Help. Copy the data at the bottom of the screen and paste it here as a private reply.

In the meantime, I do want to note that there are newer versions of the plugins since you and George last chatted. Please make sure you have the following installed:

• The Events Calendar 3.12.3
    • Events Calendar PRO 3.12.4
    • Filter Bar 3.12.1
    • Community Events 3.12

Let’s start here and see what we find!

Geoff

Catherine Grant
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks Lin! Please do keep me posted. šŸ™‚

Catherine Grant
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been told that these plugins were at the latest version so the issues are still there.

Do you have any other guidance?

Thanks
    Lin

Geoff

Thanks for following up!

Two more questions. I see you have tried the following:

Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you notice any difference in this conditions?

Also, are you using any custom templates for the list and/or month view, by chance? You can check this by opening up your theme directory and looking for a folder calledĀ tribe-events. If you see that, please let me know what files–if any–there are.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Catherine Grant
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Nope, no custom template in the theme directory.

Still having the same issues I’m afraid…

Thanks
    Lin

Geoff

Hi Lin,

We’ve released some updates in the last week and I think it would be a good idea to install those, just in case. We’re currently at:

• The Events Calendar 3.12.5
    • Events Calendar PRO 3.12.6

Will you please install those, test again, and send me the updated system information in a private reply?

I haven’t been able to recreate the issue in a default WordPress environment–so, if you’re still seeing the issue after the latest updates, we’ll have to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Thanks for working with me while we figure this out!

Geoff

Catherine Grant
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Sorry still bad news, nothing has changed since we updated those items you listed.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
    Lin

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Lin,

Geoff is out for the holiday so I am filling in here. First of all, thank you for sticking with us. This has obviously been difficult to diagnose and so I appreciate your patience.

I fully reviewed the original topic and this one. I want to backtrack real quick to a question Geoff asked you that I did not see an answer for. Geoff said:

I see you have tried the following:

Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you notice any difference in this conditions?

We call this a “conflict test”. And at this point, now that Geoff has tried reproducing the issue in depth, a conflict is a prime suspect.Ā This guideĀ walks you through how to test for a conflict,Ā and thenĀ identify what is conflicting.Ā So to be clear, did you have a chance to do a conflict test yet? Was there no change in behavior during the test, or was one of the items conflicting? If so, let us know what one so we can search for a fix for it.

Cheers!

– Brook

Catherine Grant
    Participant

Hi Brook
    We updated the plugins as suggested and tried everything you mentioned in your reply but there’s still the same issues – nothing you’ve suggested has fixed the problem. Do you know if anyone else has this issue?
    Thanks
    Lin

Geoff

Hi Lin,

Are you possibly able to leave your site in the default conditions from the conflict test (Twenty Fifteen theme and deactivate all other non-Modern Tribe plugins) so we can see the issue? We’ve still been unable to replicate the issue on our end in those conditions–doesn’t mean the issue isn’t there, but we need to find the source of it and starting at the same default condition will help us get there.

If that’s not feasible, then would you be able to set up a fresh test site with nothing but the Twenty Fifteen theme, The Events Calendar, PRO, Filter Bar and Community Events so we can test from there?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Catherine Grant
    Participant

Hi Geoff

The first option is not possible as the site is live. And the second option will take our developer at least half a day to set up. Is there another way around it?

Thanks
    Lin

Geoff

Hi Lin,

Quite a bit has happened since this thread was opened in October. Since then, we’ve released The Events Calendar 4.0 and even just yesterday, an update to that–4.0.1.

I would recommend setting up a development site out of good practice for any WordPress development. That gives you a good and safe place to test any and all updates to WordPress as well as plugins without any risks to your live site.

Either way, however, please do read the release notes I linked to above for 4.0 and 4.0.1 to see what has changed in our plugins and proceed with an update–preferably testing first and backing up any data. 4.0 is a significant update and, while it fixes many bugs that were in the previous version, it also may break any customizations you have made to the calendar, if you have them.

Let’s start down this path and see if it helps with the issue you reported. Please do keep me posted and let me know if any questions pop up during the update process!

Thanks,
    Geoff

Catherine Grant
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Happy new year!

We’ve updated the calendar to the latest release and although it fixed a separate issue, the same one in this conversation still occurs.

So I flick through to the month of February, change to List view and then scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Previous events’ which takes me to a list of events from 8 Dec – 26 Dec. Why doesn’t it show me event of the previous week instead?

Thanks
    Lin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Next and Previous buttons display the wrong event dates (cont.)’ is closed to new replies.