New Event was considered as previously imported

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator New Event was considered as previously imported

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    veruska
    Participant

Today I tried to import a brand new event and got a message that it had already been imported.
    I searched for both the title and the URL code numbers in the Events on Dashboard and there were no results.
    The Event I tried to import was # 1417829931872562
    What am I doing wrong?

Geoff

Hello veruska!

Sorry for the trouble here. Just curious, is this a private event on Facebook or is it set to public? I tried importing that ID and received an error that it either doesn’t exist or is private, so I wonder if there’s something to that.

Also, I just want to confirm–which versions of The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar PRO and Facebook Events are you using?

Let’s start there. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

veruska
    Participant

It is a Public Event. Or at least this is what shows on top of it.

The Events Calendar: 3.9.3
    The Events Calendar Pro: 3.9.3
    The Eventes Calendar: Facebook Events: 3.9.4

Geoff

Thanks–this helps!

I was able to import the event successfully. It came in with the event title: Ensaio Geral. Are you not seeing that title anywhere in the list of events under Events > Events?

If I try to re-import the event, I get the same error notice you mentioned, but that would be expected since the event has already imported.

If I delete the event and try to re-import, then the event imports again successfully–at least when I tried.

If you don’t see the event in your Published events list, is it perhaps in Pending or Draft instead?

Geoff

veruska
    Participant

Sorry I sent you the wrong code #.
    The correct one is: https://www.facebook.com/events/406425516208483/

Geoff

Hmm, shoot. I was still able to import that other event correctly. It came in as: ECF Tesouros do Oceano.

Is the Facebook app you created for the plugin using the latest Facebook API (v2.3)? You can check that by logging into Facebook and selecting the app from this page.

Thanks!
    Geoff

veruska
    Participant

My FB API # matches the number showed in my The Events Calendar Config dashboard.
    But I’m unable to figure out where does it show if I am using the latest version (v2.3) you just mentioned.

However, today I tried to import 2 events. The first number I sent you before by mistake (Ensaio Geral) went through but the other one (ECF Tesouros do Oceano) did not.

And since you were able to import both events, I really don’t know what to say …

Geoff

Try logging into Facebook and visiting this page:  https://developers.facebook.com/apps

Then, click on the app you set up for the Facebook Events plugin. You should see a box after doing that that shows the API Version of the app (screenshot). Do you see the API version? If so, what is it for yours?

If you haven’t created an app for Facebook yet, then that could very well be the issue here. Just in case, here is a tutorial that walks through how to set that up.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey veruska! This thread has been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if you still have any questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘New Event was considered as previously imported’ is closed to new replies.