New EC PRO Updates Break Thrive Content Builder

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO New EC PRO Updates Break Thrive Content Builder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Manuel
    Participant

This morning I updated to the new version of EC PRO and now I cannot add content to my blog using Thrive Themes Content Builder.

I spoke with Support on their end and they deactivated EC PRO + Plugins and it started working again.

I am reading on the forum that other people are having similar problems with content builders. I need this fixed asap in order to consistently add content to my site.

When will the issue be resolved?

Thanks.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Manuel,

So sorry to hear you’re noticing conflicts between our plugins and your theme’s page builder!

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee support with specific theme packages or provide theme-specific usage support, per our Scope of Support / Terms. However, if you could test for conflicts to verify that it is indeed a theme-related issue, by following this documentation, that would be helpful.

In the meantime, you can also roll back to the previous version of the plugin, or get some help customizing the plugin to resolve conflicts. If you need to find someone to help with the customizations, we also have some tips for finding help here.

One thing we also recommend for testing is to please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while using your theme’s builder, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Let me know about the conflict testing and debugging!

Hope this helps!

Shelby

Manuel
    Participant

Not quite sure its a theme issue, I never had this problem up until the new EC updates.

I contacted support with Thrive, and they mention it has to do with the EC plugin. I hope this isnt a back and forth issue with either service.

Here is what I am seeing on the PHP Error log when I tried updating my site with the content builder:

[Fri Jan 13 15:28:23.824031 2017] [:error] [pid 4270] [client 98.242.205.90:21912] .htaccess contains redirect, referer: https://miamicomedy.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=4824&action=edit
    [Fri Jan 13 15:28:29.294141 2017] [:error] [pid 4270] [client 98.242.205.90:21912] .htaccess contains redirect, referer: https://miamicomedy.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=4824&action=edit

Hope this helps. I do need this resolved in order to update my website with content.

Thank you.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Manuel,

I’m going to log this as a bug in our system, as it seems to be a conflict between the latest version of our plugin and the theme’s page builder function.

I’d highly suggest rolling back to the last version of our plugin in the mean time, but I’d really love to get some more information from you to give our developers some direction on fixing this!

If you don’t mind, could you give me the following information:

• Specific version of the theme you’re using
    • Exact steps for replicating the issue

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Manuel
    Participant

Thanks you Shelby,

The theme I am using is Zenzero Pro Version 1.4.2

The Content Builder I am using is Thrive Themes Content Builder

Any post or page has a button above the content box that says Build with Thrive Content Builder.
    Once I click on it to add content, the page keeps loading and the builder is not functional.

If I deactivate the EC plugin, the content builder becomes functional again.

Thanks.

Nico

Hey Manuel,

Thanks for following up! Seems like this thread was out of Shelby’s radar for a while. She is currently out today but I’ll send a heads-up her way to let her know about this.

Sorry for the delay,
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Manuel,

So sorry for the delay here, I intended to inform you that there aren’t any further steps to take beyond noting this in our system. Could you let me know if this is still an issue with the latest version of our plugin? I’ve documented it with a ticket in our system, but if there are any updates I can add that information to the ticket. 🙂

Thanks!

Shelby

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘New EC PRO Updates Break Thrive Content Builder’ is closed to new replies.