New API changes screwed up my site!

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets New API changes screwed up my site!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

I just recently did a usual plugin update and noticed that I have a new plugin “Eventbrite Tickets” that supposedly is required now in order to work with my original purchase of “Eventbrite Calendar Pro”. I don’t what’s going on but now my site is showing errors, creating eventbrite events does not properly sync with website events anymore, and I don’t show any event ID’s or other options after publishing events like it says I should. These changes you made are really causing havoc for me even though I didn’t ask for this “Eventbrite Tickets” plugin.
    I could really use some help fixing this mess and get back to where I was before all these changes.
    Here’s an example of the site errors showing in the description of one of the events: http://collinssafety.ca/event/whmis-ghs

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joe,

I apologize for the issues that you’re experiencing from this upgrade. Unfortunately, Eventbrite deprecated the old API that was originally used for the plugin so we had to update our plugin to ensure it continued to work with Eventbrite.

I’m a bit confused by the original comments about the “Eventbrite Calendar Pro”. Is this a plugin from another developer that is in use on your site? At it’s core, for our Eventbrite plugin to work, you’ll just need our core Events Calendar plugin as well as the Eventbrite Tickets plugin (that you also mention in your original post). You can also use our “Events Calendar PRO” plugin for those additional features but it is not required for the Eventbrite tickets plugin to work.

To start, after updating, did you go through the process of creating a new app on Eventbrite.com and passing the necessary information onto the new Eventbrite settings tab within the event settings in your WordPress dashboard? If not, you can find a great step by step tutorial and video for that here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-eb-tickets/.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Joe
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Sorry for the confusion on the App. It’s actually Events Calendar Pro I have not Eventbrite Pro… my mistake.

Anyway, to clear, I originally purchased Events Calendar, then upgraded to Pro and everything was working fine… until this API change and addition of Eventbrite Tickets plugin. Yes, I did go through the process of creating a new app on Eventbrite.com and passing the necessary information onto the new Eventbrite settings tab within the event settings successfully. However, I am now experiencing the issues I mentioned like not syncing properly between WP and Eventbrite, why I don’t see Event ID Info after publishing my events, and of course the errors that are visible in the description of all my events.

Trust me I spent a lot of time going through all the forums and tutorials to try and find out why I would get these errors after successfully completing the APP install… but to no avail. I really someone to look at the 3 issues mentioned and get it working again. Again, everything was fine until the new change!

Let me know if you access to the site.
    Thanks
    Joe

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joe,

Thanks for following up and providing the additional information and clarification. I also see that you’ve provided your diagnostic information from your site which is also very helpful. Thanks!

1. Within the diagnostic information I see that your environment is currently utilizing PHP version 5.2.17. We had a few issues slip through our release process with PHP 5.2.17 which should all be addressed within our latest update to the plugin (version 3.9.5). Try updating to the latest version and see if the issues persist.
    2. If the issues persist, could you give me more detailed information along with screenshots describing the issues that you’re experiencing. For example, are you not able to import events from Eventbrite? When creating events in WordPress are they not being sent to Eventbrite? If not, are there any errors that are displayed?
    3. For the extra error content added to your single events views, these are PHP warnings. Let me know if they persist after updating to 3.9.5. All of these issues should have been addressed. If it does persist, it isn’t a showstopper for the plugin and you can prevent it from displaying on your live site by ensuring that WP_DEBUG is set to “false” within your wp-config.php file. This is good practice anyway for production sites.

Let me know if this helps and if the issues persist after updating.

Thanks!

Joe
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Yes, everything is updated: Events Calendar & Calendar Pro are both 3.9.3, The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets is 3.9.5 and still get warning messages in the description of events. I had a screenshot for you but not sure how to attach it from here but you can view it here as a live example: http://collinssafety.ca/event/workplace-inspections

The other problems are when I create or edit and event, not all items sync. For example: I edit an event date and time and the date changes on both WP and Eventbrite but the time doesn’t change on the WP site? This is of course when I make the changes from the Eventbrite website. However, same things are happening when I make the changes from WP… it doesn’t sync on the Eventbrite site.

Let me know how I’m supposed to attached screenshots if you still them.

Thanks again for any help you can provide on this head-scratcher. Oh, by the way, the debug checkbox in settings is unchecked. I think that is what you we’re referring to?

Cheers
    Joe

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joe,

Thanks for following up with us. I’ll do some further testing on updates and auto syncing of changes on existing events. I believe there were some changes on this front within the updated API. I’ll verify with one of our developers, if so we’ll document what information can be updated and synced after the events have been created.

The WP_DEBUG constant is defined within your theme’s “wp-config.php” file. Ensure that it is set to “false” there and the warnings won’t show up in your site.

I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Joe
    Participant

Hi Josh,

I just noticed also that after clicking on an event from the calendar and going to the information page, there is NO way for people to register now. THE (USUALLY GREEN) BUTTON TO REGISTER IS MISSING!
    Here’s a look at what is generated: http://collinssafety.ca/event/accident-investigations

This now getting very urgent as I can’t do any business with these issues ongoing. I really hope you have a fix quite soon or I may regretfully be forced to use a different APP to do this. I can’t afford to have this down for long.

P.S. checked the config.php and it is set to false.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joe,

For the tickets, by default there shouldn’t be just a green button to register. There should be a complete ticket form generated by Eventbrite that looks something like this https://cloudup.com/cTUj5MlxiGc. Is that what you’re missing?

If not, it sounds like your theme may have some customizations that may no longer work with the updated plugin. To check, is there a “tribe-events” folder within your current theme that has different templates? Particularly a single-event.php or tickets template?

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joe,

Also, for the ticket form, ensure that the option to display the tickets is set to “yes” within the settings when editing the event https://cloudup.com/ctNKuKOf-gA.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joe,

Also, for the ticket form, ensure that the option to display the tickets is set to “yes” within the settings when editing the event https://cloudup.com/ctNKuKOf-gA.

Thanks!

Joe
    Participant

Hi Josh,
    I don’t recall seeing anything like your screenshot when it was working before. When I first set this up people would go to the Calendar and click on an event that would take them to this page (screeshot) https://www.dropbox.com/s/453f02hybgs1crs/event-page.jpg?dl=0
    They would then click on a button from here to register and/or purchase a ticket.
    In this screenshot you can clearly see that there is nowhere to go from here to register or purchase a ticket?
    You can also see the annoying “Warning” message above the description. These are two issues I need to fix obviously.

I don’t have a “tribe-events” folder either. All I have is a “config-events-calendar” within the site Theme folder.

Also, there is no such setting when editing the event in WP? (See Screenshot)… https://www.dropbox.com/s/0c2kfzsgeshbiyo/screenshot2.jpg?dl=0

Other than that I don’t what else to ell you. It all worked fine before this new update

Let me know what think!

Joe

Joe
    Participant

Hi Josh,
    FYI, I deleted all files for Calendar Pro and Eventbrite tickets and re-installed them after downloading the new versions. I noticed after installing Pro, the error message went away. It cam back when installed and activated Eventbrite tickets. However, still no option t pay or register exists.

I am going to have ask for refund and use a different method if I can’t this issue fixed by Tuesday as its creating havoc for my business now and costing me a small fortune. It is obviously caused by this new upgrade that was made as it worked fine prior so a refund better not be an issue!

Hope you get back to me soon or I have to get rid of this!

joe

Joe
    Participant

Josh,
    Another update… Just to check and make sure, I uninstalled “Tickets 3.9.5” and installed the old version (3.9.3).
    Just as I thought, everything works fine as did before the update.

See the screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vubnl9k44yrnet5/3.9.3.jpg?dl=0
    This proves the 3.9.5 is the issue.

Please advise!
    Joe

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joe,

Thanks for running these tests. A couple of things noticed when looking at the screenshots you’ve provided (these are very helpful by the way!).

1. The event associated with this screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/0c2kfzsgeshbiyo/screenshot2.jpg?dl=0 isn’t set up to use Eventbrite tickets. You’ll need to select the “Yes” at the bottom where it says “Register this event with eventbrite.com”. You’ll then have the option to create the tickets as well as the option I described previously about displaying the tickets.
    2. Looking at this screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/vubnl9k44yrnet5/3.9.3.jpg?dl=0 (mainly the location of the form as well as the event details to the left). Along with the existence of a “config-events-calendar” file within your theme, it looks like the theme could potentially be the cause of the current conflict. Have you tried switching to a default WordPress theme (the Twenty Twelve theme for example) to see if the issue persists?

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Joe
    Participant

Josh,
    I’m well aware that you have to check Yes on the “Register this event with eventbrite.com”. That’s not the issue.

There’s nothing wrong with 3.9.3. It creates the form fine and everything shows up accordingly!
    As I tried to show you… if I upgrade to 3.9.5 it doesn’t!

I’m at a loss as to why you would suggest it is my theme. It’s really quite easy to see that 3.9.5 is causing the issue. I tell you what, can you please just send me the process to get a refund? I’m really quite tired of wasting time and waiting so long for responses. I need to get this fixed yesterday so I have no choice now but to try something new.

Thanks anyway
    Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘New API changes screwed up my site!’ is closed to new replies.