Need User to Register before submitting event

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Need User to Register before submitting event

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    calendarsb
    Participant

With the event submission form there is no where for the user to enter their name and contact information. My client needs this info to be able to contact them in case they need more information. How do I make a user complete a registration before being able to fill out their form?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo calendarsb,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

At the moment we are experiencing high traffic in our forums. Our response time might be a bit longer than usual, our apologies for this.

One of our support members will help you out as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
    Andras

Hi Amy,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

In general, Community Events works with WordPress default login and user system, so you should be able to see your users’ contact information on the back end if they are logged in.

If you’d like to add additional information to the Community Events submission form, I’d recommend copying and editing the template file for the submission form.  Our Themer’s Guide can help to lead you through this process.  The files to look at are community/edit-events.php and community/event-list.php.

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Need User to Register before submitting event’ is closed to new replies.