Need to link calendar to page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Need to link calendar to page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Hello,

Just purchased Events calendar Pro with the filter add on. I’m a newbie so need detailed help please. 🙂

1. Just moved data from another calendar plugin. With that plugin, end users could click on the menu button that says: Body, Mind, & Spirituality Event Calendar and be taken to the calendar. I am going to have 3 parent categories eventually, but starting with the Body, Mind, Spiritual one. I had to use a shortcode to do this with the other plugin. I have researched this in the your knowledge bases, etc and I find you don’t have shortcodes. So how does one accomplish linking the menu button to the parent calendar.

2. I want the complete description to show up under the list view. I don’t want users to have to click ‘Find Out More’ and then to have to click again to go to the event website. I tired to fix this under settings and could not find option. How do I show unlimited lines?

3. I don’t want related events to show up when they do click ‘find out more’ because the ones showing up really aren’t related. I get they are using categories, but this really won’t work on my site. I tired to fix this under settings and could not find option.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for purchasing the plugins. I can help out here.

I have answered your questions below.

1. Just moved data from another calendar plugin. With that plugin, end users could click on the menu button that says: Body, Mind, & Spirituality Event Calendar and be taken to the calendar. I am going to have 3 parent categories eventually, but starting with the Body, Mind, Spiritual one. I had to use a shortcode to do this with the other plugin. I have researched this in the your knowledge bases, etc and I find you don’t have shortcodes. So how does one accomplish linking the menu button to the parent calendar.

By default the plugin creates an archive for the main views (month, week, list, etc) so you can add that as a custom link to the Menu in WordPress.

http://yoursite.com/events/

That should be under Admin > Appearance > Menus

However, that depends on your theme.

We do not have any shortcodes to display those main views.

2. I want the complete description to show up under the list view. I don’t want users to have to click ‘Find Out More’ and then to have to click again to go to the event website. I tired to fix this under settings and could not find option. How do I show unlimited lines?

This is possible, but the template has to be modified for the list view.

You can follow our themer’s guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

To move and edit this file in your theme:

the-events-calendar\views\list\single-event.php

In the 3.10 release the link will be here:

the-events-calendar\src\views\list\single-event.php

You want to move it to this directory in your theme:

yourtheme\tribe-events\list\single-event.php

Once there you will want to change the_excerpt() to the_content() and remove the Find Out More Link if you like.

3. I don’t want related events to show up when they do click ‘find out more’ because the ones showing up really aren’t related. I get they are using categories, but this really won’t work on my site. I tired to fix this under settings and could not find option.

There is a setting for this here:

Events > Settings > Display Tab > Hide related events

I would encourage you to take a look at your new user primer as it goes through all these settings:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-the-events-calendar-and-events-calendar-pro/

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Cindy
    Participant

Hi Brian!

Thanks for the steps and info. I had looked at that document but was not finding what I needed. I think it is because I’m new to WP and plugins so I’m learning terms and how everything fits together while setting this up. So I end up reading stuff that I don’t always understand meaning or how it relates. But with your wonderful help I’m getting there! 🙂

Will give this a try latter today and let you know.

There is one other thing… When I imported the CSV file aprox 30 events did not come over, but it only alerted me to one event that had a missing date, so I don’t know which other events had importing issues. Any suggestions?

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok let us know about the customization. I can help out, but will be unable to troubleshoot ever step though.

As for the CSV it is hard to say what did not import. The only way to check would be to manually compare the events in WordPress with the csv.

Cindy
    Participant

Thanks again! I’m good to go here also. 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

Great glad to hear.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to link calendar to page’ is closed to new replies.