Need to add aditional field in events calender filterbar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Need to add aditional field in events calender filterbar

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Diana
    Participant

Hi there,

I am using your plugin and I want to add category filed in filter bar on the following page could you please help me or guide me or if possible can do it for me??
    ==> http://www.vhr.ch/web/events/

Thanks in advance
    Diana

Diana
    Participant

This reply is private.

Diana
    Participant

??????????????????//

no reply whats going on>????

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Diana!

I would love to help you with this. If you go to WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Filters, you can select any additional fields you have added in the “Available Filters” box on the left. Just add whichever additional field contains the “category filed” data, and you should be good to go. A full tutorial on these options can be found here. Does that answer your question?

Just so you know our policy regarding response times, we do our best to always respond within 24 hours to a topic. I am sorry this was not made clear to you already. We do our best to thoroughly inform people by including that detail prior to checkout, on our forum homepage, and countless other areas on the site. But sometimes it still gets missed. 🙁 Hopefully that helps clarify why you had not got a response yet, we didn’t have enough time to get back to you.

One other thing I should mention while we’re on the topic, bumping threads doesn’t work very well in support forums. Even WordPress.org recommends against it because it moves your thread from the middle or front of the Q to the back. Unfortunately this is just due to the nature of using support forums. It can actually lengthen the time until you get a response, sometimes to 24 hours from your last “bump”.

Cheers!

– Brook

Diana
    Participant

You understand me wrong even after 24 hours, that is for events filters plugin I know it all sir, I want to add additional filter filed to the to the filter-bar from events calendar pro just below the map as shown you in the link above please see it and guide me if you can provide code for adding a category filed to that filter would be a great help from your side.

Looking forward to an earlier response from you side. and if you don’t have enough time then what kind of plugin support you are offering?? that is pathetic.

about your other msg if you reply me early I have no need to buzz you again and again.

Brook
    Participant

about your other msg if you reply me early I have no need to buzz you again and again.

Please do not get me wrong, always feel free to buzz us. 🙂 But, I was just trying to explain that response times can often be about 24 hours out from your last buzz. This is just how our support and software works. If you have any indication in our documentation promising faster responses than this please let me know so we can correct the error.

I want to add additional filter filed to the to the filter-bar from events calendar pro just below the map as shown you in the link above please see it and guide me if you can provide code for adding a category filed to that filter would be a great help from your side.

When you say filter-bar are you referring to this?

If so now I understand! That is called the “Tribe Events Bar” for some reason. The filters underneath it are called the Filter Bar. This can be a bit confusing.

If you would like to modify the Tribe Bar that is totally possible. Checkout this tutorial: Modifying the Tribe Events Bar. As you can see the tutorial provides you a framework for how to add a new HTML selector to the bar, and shows you how to capture the output of it. From there it will be up to you to write any custom code you would need for filtering the query based on the input. If I were you I would just sanitize the input then forward them to the appropriate URL. For isntance if you use the Filter Bar to select a category all it does is append the categories ID to the URL:

?tribe_eventcategory%5B%5D=37

If you did that based on redirect you could take advantage of all the existing logic and not have to write much of your own.

Hopefully the above paragraph doesn’t sound like Greek to you. In order to do what you’re talking about it will require a goodly bit of knowledge in PHP, and so the above paragraph can get a bit technical.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Diana
    Participant

This reply is private.

Diana
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Diana
    Participant

can you please guide me how can I make the search to get category value and search the events for that category, I somehow managed to show a category drop down but stuck with this . rather writing a long reply with sorry s I hope and expect to get the coding part with files to put on.
    Not a refund request.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Diana,

I can see your latest work. You are almost there! Over the weekend it looks like you listed the complete list of categories in the drop down along with their IDs. This is perfect!
    There is only one step left.

When you select something from your dropdown and submit it takes you to this URL:

/events/?tribe-bar-category=[ID]

However you want it to actually forward you to this URL:

/events/?tribe_eventcategory%5B%5D=[ID]

I have not tested this, but I do believe that will be as simply as changing the name of the dropdown in your PHP code from ‘tribe-bar-category’ to ‘tribe_eventcategory[]’. Did that work?

Cheers!
    – Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to add aditional field in events calender filterbar’ is closed to new replies.