Need help after updating to the latest version. Calling Nico!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Need help after updating to the latest version. Calling Nico!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

I have a serious functional problem. Josh suggested that I upgrade to the latest version and check whether the problem disappears or remains.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/day-view-find-events-button-doest-work/

Problem still exists. But I also received another problem — to change the plug-style, which I carefully set up in front of this. Josh promised me that if there are problems to help me with the style.

Most of the new challenges with style, I decided, but I need help with the most major tasks and some small and unpleasant.

As an assistant to invite Nico already have positive experience with them.

1) List View and Map View are changes in the layout compared to the previous version of the plugin, but the changes I regard as positive. Magnified images at low screen resolutions, and it is very pleasing. All smooth and beautiful, all joined to each other. And in the desktop version and the mobile version. Pictures 1 and 2.

But! In contrast, the Daily View has some sort of a layout similar to the layout of the old version of the plugin, but much more curve and buggy. All the problems that are there, I noticed the pictures Pictures 3 and 4.
    Please bring layout Daily View in full compliance with the other two views!

2) I don’t know how to remove Span, so asking for help in this matter. Pictures 5 and 6.

It’s all! Does not that really enough?

I hope for prompt assistance, as in the two days I have to open my site.

Thank you in advance.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

Day View viewing is located not on all the specified field width, it is somehow narrower.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Yury,

Unfortunately Nico is currently busy with something else, but I am more than happy to help you out with the styling issues.

For this it would be great if I could see the pages on the web where you have the issues. Then I can dig in the code a bit and help you adjust the styling to your needs. I don’t need access to the admin (we have a strict policy and we can’t log in to the sites of our customers), I just would like to see the front-end. Would that be possible? Do you maybe have a development site where we could play around with this?

Cheers,
    Andras

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Yury,

Thanks for the links. So let’s take this one at a time.

Day view:

Indeed there is a slight difference in the layout, and not only in your theme. In order to fix it, add this to your theme’s style.css file:
    #tribe-events-day {
    padding: 0;
    }

I will also flag this internally, it might have been overlooked.

Removing the double arrow » (if I understand correctly, this is what you want)

This can be done with a template override. Follow these steps:

1. Copy this file wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\views\month\single-day.php to this folder

wp-content\themes\{your-theme}\tribe-events\month\single-day.php

2. Open the file with your favorite editor.

3. Very close to the end, line 53 looks like this:

“><?php echo $view_all_label ?> &raquo;

Change it to this (remove the raquo at the end):

“><?php echo $view_all_label ?>

This should remove the double arrow from the day square in the month view.

I haven’t been able to fine the other double arrow on your site in the list view, but following the above principles it should be pretty easy to remove it.

Please let me know if these help and if you need any further assistance with these.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Was browsing around a bit on your site and found it.

It is weird that it only shows up on some pages, and on some it is not visible. Anyway, if you don’t want to bother with the template override for the list view, then use this css code in your style.css file:

#tribe-events-header ul.tribe-events-sub-nav li a span {
    display: none;
    }

Hope this helps! Waiting to hear back from you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Again some more checking:

You most probably have this code in place already, which removes it from pages that show events in the past.

li.tribe-events-nav-previous.tribe-events-nav-left.tribe-events-past a span {
    display: none;
    }

If you use the one above that I sent you, then you can remove this.

Cheers,
    Andras

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

Andras,

1) Day View. You have solved the problem with the width, but does not eliminate the problem layout. It is still different from the layout of the List View and Map View and looks awful at low screen resolutions.
    What you and I do with this?

2) The problem with double arrow completely solved. Thank you.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Yury,

I’m happy #2 is solved!

Now let’s tackle the other one. Which look do you want to have on both? Which look do you like more? The list view or the day view. I can help you modify the css so they look (almost) exactly the same.

Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Ok, so based on your screenshots you sent you like the list view more. So I took that as a base and made the day view look almost the same. There are only minor line spacing differences but the rest should look the same. Paste these lines to your style.css file.

#tribe-events-day .tribe-events-event-image {
    width: unset;
    }

#tribe-events-day .tribe-events-content {
    float: left;
    }

Let me know if this helps or if you like the look of the day view more. 🙂

Cheers,
    Andras

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

Andras,

Yes, I like the List View.

This code does not fully work. It becomes closer to the desired sample resolution in the mobile but is required to provide the mapping kgontenta over the entire width. See the picture 7.

A resolution in the usual, nothing has changed, look at it yourself. Now the code is registered in the css.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Need help after updating to the latest version. Calling Nico!’ is closed to new replies.