my Events calendar Pro is in french? why?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO my Events calendar Pro is in french? why?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Arnau
    Participant

Hello, I’ve bought events calendar pro and i have the CMS template yoga-fit that is created for your plugin.
    I also have WPML in Catalan as the main language, and Spanish in translation mode.
    You can see in the link i add here that the events calendar pro is in french, and the sticky translation in WPML cannot find the french words so i cannot translate in the plugin.
    Have you any idea of which can be the problem? thanks in advance!
    http://vidameva.cat/tallers/

Geoff

Howdy @Arnau,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I was looking at your settings and it looks like the language of your site is set to French Canadian. Is that correct?

The Events Calendar will use the translation files of that correspond with the primary language that is set for the site in the WordPress settings. If you would like the calendar to default to another language, you can change the default language of your site and follow the steps outlined in this tutorial for changing the translation of the calendar itself:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-language-on-your-calendar/

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

Arnau
    Participant

OK, i’ve got WPML plugin that is malfunctioning catalan language in wordpress (i don’t know why). When i disable WMPL, wordpress stays in catalan language.
    Have you ever had any problem like this before?
    if i cannot turn theeventspro plugin into catalan in this way, can i use the translated part of it (that apears in your translation plugin page) disconnecting from my wordpress language option?
    thank you in advance!
    Cheers

Geoff

Hi @Arnau,

Thanks for following up!

Ha, I totally got your site language wrong — thanks for pointing out that it’s Catalan.

Is Catalan the language in your WordPress settings? You can check by heading to Settings > General from the WordPress dashboard.

If it is set to Catalan, then that would be the reason the site stays in Catalan when WPML is disabled.

I do see that The Events Calendar has a Catalan language file but it is only 47% complete. That could be why you still see untranslated parts of the calendar.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Arnau
    Participant

What can i do?
    translate tribe from your website or tranlate into WMPL?
    what should it work?

Arnau
    Participant

and, if there are not translated parts of catalan language, how is that i see it in french? not in english?

Geoff B.

Hey Arnau,

I am chiming in at the request of my colleague Geoff because of my experience with WPML.

Here are some of your next steps:

1. After a database backup, please upgrade to the latest version of the WPML suite
    2. Please make sure you go through the following guide: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml/ .

Can you send me a screenshot of your settings for WPML > Languages ?

One thing I would recommend is switching from the ?lang= approach to a directory based approach for translations (Different languages in directories). This is also much better from your SEO.

Finally, can you also send me a screenshot of your settings for WPML > Theme and  Plugins localization ?

To answer your question, I do believe that with the correct setup you should not need to translate strings (Catalan is at 60% translation already).

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Arnau
    Participant

Hello:
    step 1 is done
    step 2 is done also.
    i cannot leave here an screenshot of my settings for WPML > Languages in this reply this are so large and i decided to send you a link from a pdf (i printed a pdf from my language settings, and i hanged it in my ftp:

http://vidameva.cat/newsletter/LanguagesWordPress.pdf

i switched from the ?lang= approach to a directory based approach, now instead of “vidameva.cat/?lang=es” i have “vidameva.cat/es”.

I cannot leave here an screenshot of WPML> theme plugins in this reply this are so large and i decided to send you a link from a pdf (i printed a pdf from my language settings, and i hanged it in my ftp:

http://vidameva.cat/newsletter/ThemeandpluginslocalizationWordPress.pdf

hope it helps.
    thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Arnau,

Thank you for writing back, for the information and doing those changes.

Since there are traces of French both in Catalan and Spanish, this point to some incomplete string translations.

What I am unsure about is if these strings are from our plugin or from your theme.

After a database backup, please head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.
    Once you are there, you are going to click on the 7 buttons under the cleanup section (one after the other) and see if that helps.

If possible, I would re-scan both our plugins and your theme for strings.

Once that is done, head over to the string translation interface and try to find the untranslated strings.

Could you also please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Hang in there as we investigate this further.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Arnau
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Arnau
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Arnau,

I was able to investigate this fully.

If you can, I would highly recommend upgrading to the latest version of WPML and all related plugins.

I believe what is going on is that for certain strings, WPML is confusing Catalan with French (Canada).

I am not exactly sure why that is, but I think it comes from the fact that French Canada’s language code is fr-ca and Catalan’s is simply -ca.

If upgrading WPML does not help, I would highly recommend temporarily switching back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen (while you have a maintenance page up).

Hang in there and let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Arnau
    Participant

Hi Geoff B.

I upgraded to the latest version of WPML and all related plugins.

Also, I switched off WPML to test if catalan appears correctly in all The Events Calendar, but only seems to be good in the actual month (december).

http://vidameva.cat/tallers/

But when i select the next month in the calendar, all turns into english language.

http://vidameva.cat/tallers/2017-01/

In the calendar page, i cannot see the list, month, week, day, map, photo sections.

Please, help me!! thanx.

Other thing is that the datas that are from the next year, The Events Calendar shows it like that:

12 12UTC gener 12UTCdijous 2017 @ 17:15 – 18:15

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Arnau,

Thank you for writing back.

But when i select the next month in the calendar, all turns into english language.

Actually, on my end, when I go to the next month, everything displays in Catalan.
    Did you change anything ?

In the calendar page, i cannot see the list, month, week, day, map, photo sections.

This also seems to have been fixed. I see the different views available when I visit your site.

Other thing is that the datas that are from the next year, The Events Calendar shows it like that:

12 12UTC gener 12UTCdijous 2017 @ 17:15 – 18:15

That is a good point, we need to look into that.

The first thing I would recommend is to switch to city-based timezone under Settings > General under your WordPress admin (Paris would be a good choice, but any city in the same timezone as you is fine).

Secondly, you might have to play around with your settings under Events -> Settings -> Display (look for Date format settings).

Between those 2 settings, you should be able to get the date format you are looking for.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘my Events calendar Pro is in french? why?’ is closed to new replies.