Multisite (two sites) and different domains

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multisite (two sites) and different domains

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Colleen
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a multisite setup, but with two different domains (two sites: the main and the subsite. The subsite is mapped to a completely different domain).

My question is: will the PRO plugin not work since the domain is different? I currently have the license key matching the IP address, not the main domain itself.

The reason I ask is that the map loads find on my root domain, but won’t load at all on my subsite (different “root” domain). I keep getting an error message in the map box that reads:

Oops! Something went wrong.
    This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

The console tells me:

js?ver=4.6.1:34 Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#missing-key-map-error_.ib @ js?ver=4.6.1:34

Any ideas as to what’s up?

Thanks!

Hunter

Hey Colleen!

Welcome back! Check out this KB tutorial on how to set up your Google Maps API key. Let me know how it goes and thanks for choosing PRO. Cheers!

Colleen
    Participant

Thanks Hunter,

I went ahead and created the API key as outlined in the link you sent, but unfortunately the problem is still persisting. It seem strange that the maps loads fine on my root domain but not my mapped (subsite) domain (maybe it’s not weird, but this is a bit outside my wheelhouse so I have no idea).

The subsite loads the map for about a second and it’s got the proper geolocation, then goes away and is replaced with the the error message.

Does it take a while for the API to kick in, even after saving it through the Event Calendar settings?

I’ll send the links via PM, and maybe that will help?

Thanks for any direction you can provide,
    Colleen

Colleen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Colleen
    Participant

Hey Hunter,

I’m a dummy and didn’t put the API key in the right site. No WONDER it wasn’t working. I had it in the root site’s settings and not the subsite’s settings. Please disregard my previous post, as I’m all sorted out now. Thanks for the help on creating the API key!

Hunter

Glad you got it worked out and thanks a bunch for the update. Feel free to create a new thread if you come across any more conflicts or concerns. Take care and enjoy the upcoming weekend 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Multisite (two sites) and different domains’ is closed to new replies.