Multiple-ticket discount

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multiple-ticket discount

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mary
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m running into a lot of roadblocks and could really use some insight. We have wordpress, the event calendar, event tickets plus and woocommerce. We have a upick season that is over 10 days and there is a good chance people will want to come back for more than one day. I wanted to have a discount for those that bought a ticket or tickets for a group from 2 distinct days. Here’s an example:
    An individual ticket is $4. Two day purchase discount is $2 per 2nd ticket. The discount would be automatic IF they buy 2 different dates – so rewarding if they come back.
    A person buys 1 ticket for 5/18 and 1 for 6/2. Without discount it’d be $8, with discount, it’s $6.
    A person buys 2 tickets for 5/18 and 2 for 6/2. Without discount it’d be $16, with discount, it’s $12.
    A person buys 3 tickets for 5/18 and 3 for 6/2. Without discount it’d be $24, with discount, it’s $18.
    Etc….
    A person buys any number of tickets for 5/18 – no discount.
    I’m running into issues with woo dynamic pricing plugins either not being able to do this rule or not being able to work with the ticketing plugin. Can you recommend any of the Modern Tribe plugins (paid is fine!) that can help me with this? I need to get this figured out asap and I’m sort of at my wits end….I didn’t think this would be so difficult.
    Thank you in advance.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

At the moment we are experiencing high traffic in our forums. Our response time might be a bit longer than usual, our apologies for this.

One of our support members will help you out as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
    Andras

Hi Mary,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Unfortunately, none of our plugins are able to create discounts on their own.  I usually recommend a WooCommerce product as our plugins are designed to play nicely together.  I’m sorry that this scenario doesn’t seem to be working out for you!

Alternatively, you could try adding some custom code to your site to achieve this functionality.

We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Mary
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, the Woo dynamic pricing plugins I’ve talked with said either they can’t work with events/dates (which I don’t understand because the event tickets are created as woo products…)or they don’t have the logic. I will look into the list of developers.
    Thanks,
    Mary B.

Great, let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple-ticket discount’ is closed to new replies.