Multiple Site, CSV Importer and Venue Selections

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multiple Site, CSV Importer and Venue Selections

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tom

This looks awesome! I have had an event calendar since the late 90’s – and it is hand coded. It shares with another site focusing on a smaller region. If I can use your plugin (PRO, plus Community) and focus on building the site and its content, I won’t feel so bad for being behind in keeping up with programming.

So, my questions are:
    1. If I have two sites, can I use your beta CSV importer to push events from the main calendar (website #1 – loaded with WP, PRO and Community) to the smaller region site (website #2 – loaded with WP and the PRO version)… and will it duplicate events already imported to the secondary site?
    2. With the PRO, the software will remember the venue. Does the community plugin utilize the ‘remember’ function? I looked at some of your live example sites and could not determine if it does.
    3. If the venues are saved for community users – my venue list will get quite long since it is not a specific niche and covers the entire state. Does it list all venues, or can it load venues based on partial entries (like tags/categories)?
    4. If a user submits an event, I moderate and accept it, the user comes back and edits the event… is it still live, or back in moderation?

Thanks! PS – I had nice paragraphs laid out since there are a few questions, but this discussion got scrunched and ‘busy’ looking…

Rob

Hey Tom. Thanks for the follow-up here, and apologies that this one has slipped through the cracks until now. Not sure how that happened but I’m sorry and want to make sure I get you the responses needed. On these particular questions:

1. You could do this, for sure, but you would have to find some way of bridging the gap to get those events exported from site A in a CSV format. At that point it’d just be a matter of exporting from site A and running through the CSV importer to get it into site B. That’s a pretty straightforward task. But, don’t you think WordPress’ built in import/export functionality could do this, too (if I understand the request)?
    2. Yup, Community can save venues/organizers and allows for pre-configured default venues/organizers as well…but you will need to be running Events Calendar PRO on the site, too, for these features to become available.
    3. On the frontend Community form, users have the ability to start typing the name of a venue to narrow down the results, like so; http://d.pr/i/mDdF. Notice how it filters between MY VENUES and AVAILABLE VENUES…that’s a feature we just added for 1.0.3, which is releasing this week.
    4. There’s actually a bug related to this in the system, which we’re working to get fixed for 1.0.4 – in theory, their changes should send the post back to DRAFT for you to review. But given how it’s operating with the current bug, once an event that was submitted as DRAFT goes LIVE, the original user no longer has the option to edit it at all.

Hope that helps – but if it didn’t, let me know and I’ll get you a response to clarify my points with haste. Cheers man.

Tom

Rob – Thanks. Finished up the summer biz and the last week has been crazy – so nothing lost, glad you caught this post.

Sounds like the #1 question could be tricky, but I will see about that later. Everything else looks good.

I\’ll start by picking up a 1 site license of PRO and Community. I\’ll have to install this on a domain that is NOT the current site. When I change from the test site to the LIVE domain – will I have issues? I would basically take down the LIVE site, install WP and the PRO plugin – then export the data and load onto LIVE site, test and then delete the test domain install, PRO and Community.

Tom

Leah

Hey Tom,

The process you described should work. You could potentially run into a problem if the license is on both the demo site and the live site simultaneously (since it’s a 1 site license). Without the license you won’t have access to support and updates, but the plugin will still work. Once you get the license switched over to the live site, you’ll have those features back. If you have any trouble, just post in the forums or shoot us an email at pro /a/ tri.be and we’ll get you sorted.

Cheers,
    Leah

Tom

Thanks Leah, I did upload each of the plugins to the test site – playing with it a little, but have not had as much time I as would like to for development. I’ll probably be in touch when I move things over, if only to let you know how the plugin is being used.

Leah

Sounds great! Have fun, and let us know if you need anything. Once you’ve got your PRO license don’t hesitate to come on over to the PRO forums (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/forum/events/events-calendar-pro/) and start a new thread.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple Site, CSV Importer and Venue Selections’ is closed to new replies.