Multiple Events v Recurring Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multiple Events v Recurring Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian

Hi
    We are interested in purchasing several licenses for our cirque productions.
    We have several that tour around the world.
    I am interested in knowing whether you are able to use this if you have the same event on 5 days of the week for several months.
    I note that your description states that:

“Please note that at this time, Event Tickets Plus will NOT support tickets for recurring events. Please keep this in mind before making your purchase.”

So I am just wondering whether this means it is not suitable for us? Can you please advise as we would like to finalise our Plug in selection today for our ticket sales for all of our touring shows.

Really appreciate it

Caroline

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for taking the time to check out our plugins! While our development team is working hard to add full support for ticketing recurring events with Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets Plus, this functionality isn’t available just yet, and we’re not able to provide an exact timeline for when it might be ready. At the moment, tickets that are created for recurring events will apply to every event in the series, with no distinction made between different days. For example, if you have an event that repeats for three days in a row, tickets sold for day 1, 2, or 3 will all come from the same pool of tickets and will all be eligible to be checked in on any day within the series. If you need separate tickets for your recurring events, we don’t recommend purchasing Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets Plus with this setup in mind at this time.

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions or concerns here!

Test
    Participant

Caroline
    Thank you for your email and for your considered reply.
    We just purchased the plug in before we received your reply as we are on a tight deadline.
    In light of your reply, it appears the plug in may not be appropriate for our needs.

Just to clarify, if i load a new event for each new show does this still have the same issue identified in your reply? i.e. the tickets coming from the same pool of tickets for all events, and available for check in to any event in the series? I also assume that this means the tickets issued do not have a unique bar code or QR code?

If it is not appropriate are we able to get a refund on the purchase ?
    Thanks in advance for your assistance it is greatly appreciated.

Caroline

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for following up! Your tickets should work just fine for your events if each event is created as a single event (as opposed to a recurring event/event series) or if you create the event series, break off each event into its own single event, and then create tickets for each of these single events. This will ensure that each day of your event has its own set of tickets, rather than tickets coming from a shared pool. Tickets that are created for recurring events will still have unique identifiers, but each ticket will apply to the entire event series, regardless of the date for which the ticket was purchased. This can be a problem if you need accurate sales numbers for each day of your event or if you are selling tickets with a limited amount of stock. (For example, if you created a ticket for an event that occurs every day for one week, with a stock limit of 200 tickets to account for the number of seats, you would only be able to sell 200 tickets for the entire week.)

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit further! If these limitations make it impossible to continue working with Event Tickets Plus at this time, we absolutely understand. Should you need to request a refund from us, simply fill out our refund request form, and we’ll process that for you right away.

Thank you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple Events v Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.