Multiple Calendars & Category Page Templates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multiple Calendars & Category Page Templates

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve Treadwell
    Participant

Hi,

Couple of questions about multiple calendars and page templates.

Basically we have a public facing & private members site all in one. There are certain events that are only going to be accessible once you have logged in.

I have created a “members events” and “public events” parent categories, both with several child categories.

1. Is there anyway to create 2 main calendars showing each parent & their child categories only? I know there is the shortcode to display different categories in a calender widget but I am just wanting to know if there is away for the main calender to replicated (as it looks a lot nicer 🙂 ) ?

2. Can you create custom page templates per category? Our members site has a different header so would be great if each members event didn’t go back to the public site each time you select a single event.

I have managed to remove the members events from the main list listing by selecting “Hide From Event Listings” but then this removes it from the mini calender widget on the members site also.

Hope this makes a little sense! I have searched the forums and not found much, so I am assuming the system doesn’t work this way at all but worth a shot 🙂

Thanks,
    Abby

Cliff

Hi.

1)

Our plugin creates one master calendar, but you can create the appearance of multiple calendars by using Event Categories.

Examples:

There are additional methods and documentation at our Can You Have Multiple Calendars? KB article.

Please let me know if this clarifies things for you.

2)

I believe I understand what you’re asking for, but we’re limited in helping with customizations, per our Scope of Support / Terms. However, I can try to help point you in the right direction.

You could use our Themer’s Guide to use your own versions of our templates and then add conditionals to do specific/custom things per Event Category.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple Calendars & Category Page Templates’ is closed to new replies.