Multi-site with sub-directories

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multi-site with sub-directories

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Annie Tandy
    Participant

I am investigating splitting my site into two sub-directories: mykidlist.com/west and mykidlist.com/south, with two separate calendars. I talked with my hosting company and they said that the theme and plugins will be applied to both sub-directories and not redundant, but I will be able to have original and separate content and widgets for each sub-directory. How would that work with the calendar? Can I have mykidlist.com/west/events and mykidlist.com/south/events be two separate calendars? My hosting company said I do not need a different plan from them, just a free multi-site add-on. Would I need a different type of Modern Tribe license? I’m nervous specifically about the calendar because it is consistently the culprit for slowing down my site quite a bit and they are advising me to look into calendars that run more efficiently. So I guess my question can be broken down into two parts:

– How would I be able to get a separate calendar on each sub-directory? How would inputting events and using the calendar change from an admin perspective?
    – How much more would having two separate calendars drain my website’s resources? Can you help me figure out a way to make the calendar more efficient in terms of site speed?

Thanks,
    Annie

Courtney

Hello Annie

You do not need to use a full-fledge multisite license on a multisite. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/multisite-license/. You would need to use a Business license (for 2-3 sub-sites) to cover just enough sites in your case. That can be upgraded at My Account » Licenses.

It is worth noting that you will need to perform manual updates (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/) of the plugin when used on a multisite, and may not receive notifications that updates are available.

You could either rebuild both separate calendars from scratch, or you could go the route of marking each event into a category called West or South. Keep the original site live until these have been imported.

Then get the link of your category youroldsite.com/events/category/west. Then on the new sites, run the import via Events » Import » Other URL.

The website resources is really a matter of your webhost.

Is there anything else I can do to help you?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Multi-site with sub-directories’ is closed to new replies.