Moving the export events button

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Moving the export events button

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carol
    Participant

How can I move the export events button to sit above not below the month view?

Carol
    Participant

Also- When I use the export button, it doesn’t add the event in it’s entirety correctly (i.e. with times and on correct day). Why is this happening?

Hunter

Hi Carol,

Welcome back and thank you for reaching out! To move the export buttons above the calendar, please add the following snippet to the bottom of your theme’s functions.php file:

/*
    * The Events Calendar - Add iCal Link Above Month View
    * @ Version 3.9.3
    */
    add_action('tribe_events_before_header', 'ecp_add_month_ical');
    function ecp_add_month_ical() {
    if ( tribe_is_month() ) {
    echo '
    <div class="tribe-events-cal-links">';
    echo '+ Export Month\'s Events';
    echo '</div>
    <!-- .tribe-events-cal-links -->';
    }
    }

To remove the buttons from the bottom of the calendar page, please add the following snippet again to the bottom of your theme’s functions.php file:

/*
    * Remove iCal Link on Month View
    * @ Version 3.9.1
    */
    add_action( 'wp_head', 'ecp_remove_month_ical' );
    function ecp_remove_month_ical() {
    if ( tribe_is_month() ) {
    remove_filter( 'tribe_events_after_footer', array( 'TribeiCal', 'maybe_add_link' ), 10, 1 );
    }
    }

You might need to add a little CSS love if things look a little “off”. Please let me know how this goes.

Also- When I use the export button, it doesn’t add the event in it’s entirety correctly (i.e. with times and on correct day). Why is this happening?

Can you confirm whether the issue occurs after reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide? Please let me know what you find out. Have a great weekend and thanks again. Cheers!

Carol
    Participant

Hi Hunter,
    When I use the export button under the calendar, it loads into my apple mail calendar of choice however it downloads one entry into today’s date and not for example the many events of that month. It also truncates the title.
    Any thoughts on why it doesn’t enter each event into it’s correct date and times?
    Cheers
    Carol

Hunter

Hi Carol,

Thank you for the response. Before we proceed, can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with your findings? We need to eliminate the potential for a theme and/or plugin conflict before proceeding.

Thanks again and have a great Monday!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Moving the export events button’ is closed to new replies.