Moving Google Maps / Calendar links to top of single-event.php?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Moving Google Maps / Calendar links to top of single-event.php?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sean Sullivan
    Participant

Hello! First time buyer. Happy to have access to this support.

I’d like to move the “+ Google Maps” and “Add to Calendar” links to the top of my single-event.php. Specifically, so they display after the event date and time.

<!-- Notices -->
    	<?php tribe_events_the_notices() ?>

<?php the_title( '<h2 class="tribe-events-single-event-title summary entry-title">', '</h2>' ); ?>

<div class="tribe-events-schedule updated published tribe-clearfix">
    		<?php echo tribe_events_event_schedule_details( $event_id, '<h3>', '</h3>' ); ?>
    		<?php if ( tribe_get_cost() ) : ?>
    			<span class="tribe-events-divider">|</span>
    			<span class="tribe-events-cost"><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ) ?></span>
    		<?php endif; ?>

<strong>--> Google Maps link here
    --> Add to Calendar link here</strong>

</div>

(Clearly, my next step should be a WordPress hooks and filters tutorial).

Rough screen of what we’d like to accomplish: Screenshot

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help you out here.

Actually for moving things we have our themer’s guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

That shows you how to move event templates to your theme to safely edit them there.

You will find the function that calls the map template here:

the-events-calendar\views\modules\meta.php

The map itself is in this template:

the-events-calendar\views\modules\meta\map.php

Does that help you figure out how to take that function and move it to where you would like?

Let me know and I can try to answer a question or two.

Thanks

Sean Sullivan
    Participant

Hi Brian –

Thanks for the note. The solution is:

*code removed by admin

I was getting stuck because the iCal function — adding ‘<?php echo tribe_get_single_ical_link();?>’ — wasn’t generating a proper link. In another forum post, I saw that it’s necessary to add the ‘ “tribe-events-ical” ‘ class to output the link.

Sean Sullivan
    Participant

Brian: I’d appreciate if you could also edit my post to put the code in the proper tags.'

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

glad you got it working the code did not come across correct so I removed it to not confuse people.

The best way to share coding is to either put it in a pastebin or as a gist and share the link that way the formatting comes across correct.

Thanks!

John
    Participant

I am knew to WordPress 7 Event Calendar Pro and noticed that the Google Maps used will no longer be supported and recommends changing to Maps Marker Pro.

Will ECP work with MMP ?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi John, we are still using Google Maps in the Events Calendar I have not heard anything this week that would change that and I in on a work trip with the entire team. And ECP does not support or work with MMP.

If you have any more questions related to this please create a new ticket so we can help you one on one.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Moving Google Maps / Calendar links to top of single-event.php?’ is closed to new replies.