iCal Link Isn’t Correct for Single Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO iCal Link Isn’t Correct for Single Event

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Sasser
    Participant

On this page http://thecrossingchurch.com/event/20-somethings-bingo-bash/ There is a link that says iCal. If I click on that it is generating an iCal import that has every event from our calendar. This is the link that is being generated http://thecrossingchurch.com/calendar/ical.

I’m using the tribe function ‘tribe_get_single_ical_link()’ to generate that link. This isn’t an even specific iCal link (which is what should be being generated) it is just a general calendar import link. Any ideas as to why this would be happening?

Patrick Sasser
    Participant

Anyone have any ideas on this? I’m still having the same issue. The Google Calendar link that I have on each event appears to be working though.

Rob

Hey there psasser. Thank you for the follow-up here, and apologies that we failed to get you a reply to your first comment in a timely fashion.

Odd that this is taking place, as that is indeed not how the plugin is intended to work (or how it’s working for me locally): I’m finding that on individual entries the iCal link provides me an iCal file just for that event, versus the broader calendar’s iCal link (which is indeed all events).

Can you possibly upgrade from Events 3.0.1 to the latest combo (TEC 3.0.3 / PRO 3.0.5) and let me know if the issue persists from there? It’d also be helpful if you could confirm in writing that this indeed does persist even on a Vanilla install with no other plugins or a custom theme active. Also: is this a custom single-event.php template? Would be good to know if you’ve modified this.

I’ll do what I can to get you sorted from there. Thanks for your patience so far!

Patrick Sasser
    Participant

I have now upgraded to TEC 3.0.3 and PRO 3.0.5 and I’m still getting the same issue. Yes I have created a custom single-event.php template. When I get rid of the custom single-event.php template the iCal and Google Cal links that are in the default template both seem to be working. I dug into the template a little bit and it appears that those two links are being generated with this line of code

do_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_content’ );

If I add that line of code into my custom template then it generates the two correct links in my template. What that function is executing to get the correct links or where I might find it. Any thoughts or ideas?

Patrick Sasser
    Participant

So for the time being I took out my code that generated those links and added this in its place

do_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_content’ );

but I still want to change it from saying “+ Google Calendar” to “Google Cal” and from “+ iCal Import” to “iCal”

Patrick Sasser
    Participant

Any ideas here? Sorry to keep bugging.

Barry

Hi psasser,

You should be able to remove that do_action() call and replace it with something like this: http://pastebin.com/kJYQg3Kp

Does that help at all?

Patrick Sasser
    Participant

Ok it appears to be working now and I think that I figured out why. You have to have class=”tribe-events-ical” on the iCal link. Originally when I was creating the iCal link I didn’t have any classes on it. After applying that class it started to work as expected.

Barry

That’s right, that class allows the URL to be adapted slightly after it is sent to the browser. Since it sounds like you’re all good here I’ll go ahead and mark this as closed.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Link Isn’t Correct for Single Event’ is closed to new replies.