Move Related Events from appearing after meta to after content

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Move Related Events from appearing after meta to after content

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ken Charity
    Participant

Im looking to move the related events to appear in a different area. Is there an action that I can use to remove it then add back in?

if ( function_exists( 'tribe_single_related_events' ) ) {
    		remove_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta', 'tribe_single_related_events' );
        add_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_content', 'tribe_single_related_events' );
    }

I have been using this and it does add the related events below the content but it is not removing from after the meta.

Hi Ken,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Just to let you know, we are limited by our Support Policy in how much we can help with customizations, but I will try to point you in the right direction.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide.  The related-events.php and single-event.php files are a good starting point.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ken Charity
    Participant

@jaime

That is the best canned answer I have heard all day. If you really dont know the answer that is ok too. You think I have the time to wait 48 hours for a reply and had not already searched for an answer? And not all of us need a developer, some of us are developers needing a point in the right direction. And to be honest the search features on this website are some of the worst I have come across. I can hardly ever find what I need by using search here.

My guess is that this code simply doesn’t work anymore:
    remove_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta', 'tribe_single_related_events' );

Luckily there is a setting in for the Pro version that turns off the related events. It’s on the display tab under “Basic Template Settings”. I have attached a screen shot for you. So luckily, I guess I don’t need that code above.

So now my code that can place the related images were I need it can be used:

if ( function_exists( 'tribe_single_related_events' ) ) {
       add_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_content', 'tribe_single_related_events' );
    }

Glad you were able to make things work, thanks for sharing your solution!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Move Related Events from appearing after meta to after content’ is closed to new replies.