Move map bottom in homepage

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Move map bottom in homepage

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Marco
    Participant

Hello,
    I have the Events Calendar Plus and Event ticket plus plugins.
    I just installed both and setup my homepage with all events. The maps loads fine (I had some incompatibility problems with NextGEN ImageFlow and NextGEN Smooth Gallery), but I want to load it in a bottom div where the events list is placed. The affected page is linked in the bottom field.
    I read that another customer had some problems with Yoast plus, and even if I have the basic version of that I deactivated it to look for some conflicts. The problem persists even if I change theme with twenty seventeen/fourteen.

Here is a list of what I did:
    Switched to twentyseventeen and twentyfourteen and the issue is the same
    WP_DEBUG is enabled
    Event > Settings > General: Google Maps is enabled
    On single event edit panel: show map enabled
    Google Maps API key inserted just in Event > Settings > API
    deactivated all plugins excepet event related ones.

Attached the console log, don’t know if it helps.

Thank you

Hunter

Hi and welcome 🙂

To adjust the map position, review our Themer’s Guide as it goes over the basic process you’ll need to follow. Unfortunately, this type of support extends beyond what can support on the forums, so please refe our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article for more info.

If I’ve mistaken you and you are concerned a bug may be preesent, please include detailed step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the behavior and I’d be happy to help further investigate. Thank you!

Marco
    Participant

Hello,
    thank you for your kind and fast reply. I tried to work on plugins\events-calendar-pro\src\views\pro\map.php but it doesn’t seem to be the correct file to work on.
    On homepage I call the shortcode [tribe_events view=”map”], what’s the correct file to handle the map position? I tried with almost the whole content of events calendar pro\view, but noone seems to be the correct wrapper template.

Thank you

Hunter

Hello again,

Upon further inspection, it looks like the shortcode files are not included in those which are available for overrides as explained in the Themer’s Guide.

I must admit I’m a little confused by what you’re wanting to change. Wherever you insert the shortcode is where the data will display, so if you want it lower on the page you’d simply move the position of the shortcode. Check out all our shortcode documentation:

As mentioned in my previous response, any features/functionalities which are not currently available in the plugins will require customization beyond what we’re able to provide. You could visit our UserVoice Feature Ideas and submit and requests you might have.

I know this isn’t the ideal response but it is the situation we’re in. Let me know this helps clarify the best way to move forward and have a good evening 🙂

Marco
    Participant

Hello Hunter,
    thank you for your reply. I read all the documentation you linked but this behavior is not explained.
    As you said I already inserted the shortcode where I want the data to be displayed, and this is working about the event list, but the related map is inexplicably showing at the very top of my content. I’m not sure if this is a bug or if I should add it to UserVoice Feature Ideas. If so I can change the homepage appearance, but you know, I’m just looking for the best solution without wasting too much time on it 🙂
    I’m attaching a screenshot, but you can also see it on https://www.yorick-academy.com/
    This is happening with both Divi theme, twentysixteen and other wp default themes.

Thank you

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Marco.
    Hunter

Thank you for further clarifying the issue. I’m not 100% certain why the map is displaying at the top of your homepage. Can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with your findings? Running through this test will identify the specific source of conflict so you can start looking for solutions.

Let me know and we’ll continue investigating. Thanks!

Marco
    Participant

Hello,
    I already followed the Testing for conflicts guide, but to be sure I run it a second time and the map is still showing there. You can check it, I left the homepage with twentysixteen theme and all plugins disabled except for The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro.

If can help, here is a list of my settings:

• WP_DEBUG is enabled
    • Event > Settings > General: Google Maps is enabled
    • On single event edit panel: show map enabled
    • Google Maps API key inserted just in Event > Settings > API

Link to the page: https://www.yorick-academy.com/
    Attached the console response of that page.

Thank you for your help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Marco,

I was digging around a bit to see if the map can be easily moved. Unfortunately not. When you are using the shortcode, that doesn’t call the wp-content\plugins\events-calendar-pro\src\views\pro\map.php file – which you could modify. 🙁 It rather calls the smaller bits and pieces.

Here are 2 workarounds which might help:

1. Use the list view and add the map separately at the bottom. You could create template overrides for the list view which at the end would include the map.

2. Set the map view as the default view. (Events > Settings > Display) Set the calendar as your home page. (Settings > Reading > Front page: main events page) and create a template override for the map view.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Marco
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    thank you for your help and ideas. To be honest, this was the last try I gave to this functionality, I was just a step far removing the map on homepage.

I cannot follow workaround 2) because homepage contains several content in addition to events.
    I tried following workaround 1): I overrode some templates removing the map wrapper on map/gmap-container.php and moving it inside map/content.php. Strange effect is that something is duplicating the divs and the final result is pretty odd: the first div displays the map and the second one is an empty, gray box. After long researches I chose to workaround it hiding via css the last div. It’s an awful solution but, at least, it works and now we are almost ready to launch the site. Maybe you know why they duplicate?

Regards,

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Move map bottom in homepage’ is closed to new replies.