More duplicate events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator More duplicate events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Martin
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I originally reported this here but afraid I spoke too soon: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicate-events/

We’re still getting duplicate events show up on that site. Would it be useful if I gave you access to phpmyadmin so you can inspect the DB / files?

Cheers.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jon,

Can you please try updating to 2.0.11 (core and PRO) and 1.0.4 for Facebook Events to see if that helps. Also, please try deactivating all other plugins and/or reverting to the Twenty Eleven/Twelve theme to rule out any conflicts there.

Thanks,
    Jonah

jkskovgaard
    Participant

I got the facebook events plug and set it to auto-sync, daily. Seems it adds all events every time, meaning I get a new dupliacet every time it updates.

I have the latest version, but haven’t tried deactivating all other plugs and reverting to TwentyTwelve yet, as this would be a bit of a problem on a running site. I’m using the Pagelines Premium theme and only other running plugs are NextGen gallery and Post Types Order.

I can’t see a date on this topic, so don’t know how old it is. Any resolve?

Cheers,
    Jens.

jkskovgaard
    Participant

Oh kay, see the date now 🙂 Well, it’s been a couple months, anything new?

Cheers

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jens,

No, nothing new. I would still need you to try deactivating other plugins and/or reverting the theme to see if that helps. Otherwise, I have no idea where the problem lies.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonathan Martin
    Participant

Strange – I couldn’t reopen this topic so started another one somewhere!

I’m now running the latest version and am still getting duplicates. It runs fine for 3-4 weeks then seems to duplicate all current events 3-4 times. I’ve kept a copy of the database if it’s any help?

Disabling all plugins on the site in question (eddytm.com) isn’t an option I’m afraid, but if you think it’s practical to run the sync from both the live site and our development server then I’m happy to disable the plugins on our dev server.

Thanks,
    Jon

jkskovgaard
    Participant

Jonah, I’ve set up a new wordpress install (v3.5.1) just for this, so we can test it properly:

http://pressmoo.dk/fb-sync-test/events/

Theme is TwentyTwelve (v1.1) with The Events Calendar (v2.0.11) and The Events Calendar: Facebook Events (v1.0.4) as only plugs running. Next step was to do an import from facebook, and that didn’t go too well. I got this error message (check screen shot below):

http://pressmoo.dk/fb-sync-test/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Screen-Shot-2013-03-08-at-5.03.03-PM.png

Now the events was imported after all, but without the image. What should I do to avoid this error?

No duplication yet, we’ll have to wait and see. I’ve set the sync rate to hourly, let’s see what happens.

Cheers,
    Jens.

Jonah
    Participant

@Jon, if you can test the import on the dev server with plugins deactivated that would be great! Let me know how that goes.

@jkskovgaard
    – the error looks similar to something that’s been reported recently that we have fixed in an upcoming release due out soon. Do you know by chance what type of server you are running on or whether CURL is enabled? You might also try turning PHP safe_mode off (contact your web host for this). Please let me know about these things and whether or not they help.

Thanks,
    Jonah

jkskovgaard
    Participant

Server-info: PHP 5.2, CURL enabled, safe-mode is already OFF.

jkskovgaard
    Participant

…And the plug keeps duplicating events… Money back or fix? 😉

jkskovgaard
    Participant

Well, actually, I’d just love for this to actually work, cos seems there’s not that many fb import plugs around!

jkskovgaard
    Participant

Seems it only duplicates once – no triplets or more…

Jonah
    Participant

Hi jkskovgaard,

That’s strange. Are you still getting the import error too? What is the page you’re importing from?

– Jonah

jkskovgaard
    Participant

Hi Jonah – no, not getting the import error, but then it’s all automatic now, so… Seems the import error had to do with images right, and the images aren’t imported still, so yes probably still getting the error although I don’t see it.

And btw, today we have triplets. Triplicates? 🙂

I’m importing from http://www.facebook.com/AneTrolle

Should I try an import from somewhere else – like a test fb page you can recommend?

jkskovgaard
    Participant

My hosting support asks me if we should update the server PHP to v5.3 – but the plug should work on 5.2 no?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘More duplicate events’ is closed to new replies.