Month view, show only first day of multi day event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Month view, show only first day of multi day event

• This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Patti.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Patti
    Participant

Referencing this post: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/display-only-first-day-or-show-end-date/

Per instructions on that post, I added the adjusted css style, except what it does is shut off ALL of the event instances for that month. Is there another way to do this?

(Plugin version is holding at 4.4.1 until the photo view overlap thing is fixed.)

Patti
    Participant

Leaving a comment so you don’t think I abandoned the question after two days. Still looking for a solution if you have one. BTW, same issue running 2017 theme, no plugins other than security & TEC, TECP.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Patti!

Thanks for coming back to us!

I followed the referenced thread and see they were trying to hide in all the days of an event except from the first day. Are you trying to do the same?

Could you please provide me a link to the page where you are trying to accomplish this? So I can inspect the page and see why it isn’t working.

Thanks!

Victor

Patti
    Participant

It’s the same URL as the site I selected from the list of sites registered to my license, when I filled out this form. I could not leave the 6 month, multi day event in place because the site catalog went live on Saturday. you can view it on my test site but that requires I get your IP address.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Patti.
    Patti
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Patti.
    Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Patti
    Participant

Not sure why it wouldn’t work the same as on the referenced site? Aren’t they setup the same?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Patti!

The css code from the referenced thread does not work as we expected. Since we didn’t have the confirmation from that user, we didn’t know until now.

I wanted to let you know that we’ve been looking for a possible solution to your issue but we were not able to find one yet. We will take a second chance at finding one and will let you know as soon as we can. Please hang in there.

Best!

Victor

Patti
    Participant

I’m standing by. No worries.

To let you know, I have played with the css six ways from Sunday and got nowhere. The problem is, the css wildcard selector that needs to be used because of the day number being added to the post-id will not work with the :not. (Double negative, yay!) But then I’m sure you’ve already witnessed that. :-/

Patti
    Participant

So, this works, but displays on the first of every month (where the event post-id is 1998):

body.post-type-archive-tribe_events div[id^='tribe-events-event-1998-']:not([id$='1998-1']) {
    display: none;
    }

If there were some way of refining with a class or id that is the month name or number as a part of the “not” attribute, it would work like a charm. Ex. :not(.march-2017 #tribe-events-event-1998-1)

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Patti!

Thanks for coming back and giving us your feedback on this.

I wanted to let you know that we couldn’t come up with a CSS fix and we are now looking for a solution using another approach that may involve a template customisation.

Rest assured we are taking this into account and I will try to come back with a solution as soon as possible.

Best

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Patti!

I just wanted to check in to let you know that we’ve been busy lately and haven’t had the time to come up with a solution yet.

I know you are looking forward to making this happen, so please do hang in there.

Thanks!

Victor

Patti
    Participant

I’ve been poking at it myself when I have time, trying to come up with a workable css solution. While it would be nice to have a resolution, I understand there are more pressing things going on in the world. Thank you for your time.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Patti!

I’m sorry I took so long to reply. We’ve been really busy and could not go through this until now. So I really appreciate your patience here.

With the awesome help from Barry, here is a snippet of code you can put in your functions.php file:

https://gist.github.com/vicskf/5854eb1f88b8886c39743ca250a4ba99

That will only show the first day of the event and remove the rest of the days. It may not be exactly what you want to accomplish, but will point you in the right direction.

I hope that helps and let me know if any other questions.

Good luck with your project!

Victor

Patti
    Participant

I appreciate the time you all put into this. I’ll give it a test run asap. Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Month view, show only first day of multi day event’ is closed to new replies.