Month view only showing dot on desktop view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Month view only showing dot on desktop view

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jesse
    Participant

On my month view, I want the calendar to show the event title and description box on hover, but it only shows dot.
    The Dot is very hard to click too.

I’ve been looking around the forum, and saw similar question but couldn’t find a solution.
    I’ve already tried Deactivating all the plugins except Event Calendar & Event Calendar Pro but wasn’t successful.
    The titles show up fine on default theme so it could be the theme, so is there a way for me to find a solution within my theme? I am using Ronneby Theme.

Thank you

Geoff B.

Good evening Jesse and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the desktop view only showing a dot.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I believe that what is going on is that your theme is only displaying the mobile version (even on a desktop).
    I have a hunch that this is caused by template customizations.

You can check that out by looking for a /tribe-events/ folder in your theme’s directory. You could could also look at your theme’s functions.php file (look for any “breakpoint” string and if there is one, remove it).

Can you confirm that this is the case ?

As a first troubleshooting step, could you also please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Jesse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Jesse,

Thank you for searching and for sharing your system information.

On a side note, I am noticing you did not update to the latest version of our the Events Calendar Pro plugin (4.1.3), although this will not solve the current issue, you might be interested in doing so.

Back to the issue at play here, after some further testing, your theme is indeed forcing “mobile” display on all devices. The dots not displaying the info when you hover is the correct mobile behaviour.

You can see that for yourself if you temporarily switch back to a default WordPress theme such as Twenty-fifteen. Normally, hovering on the dates should work fine.

There are a couple of ways to go about this:

1. Contact the theme author to see how you can bypass mobile view on the desktop at least for specific URLs
    2. Send me a copy of your WordPress theme folder (in a zip file in a private reply). I’ll take a look at it to see if I can’t find anything obvious.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Jesse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hey Jesse,

Thank you for your answer.

Just as an FYI, even though it is counter intuitive, it’s OK that core is at 4.1.3 and Pro is at 4.1.2.
    This will not result in non-matching version issues. But, the decision is yours of course 🙂

I took a look at your theme and it is quite a biggie! Wow!

Fixing such a highly complex WordPress theme is slightly out of the scope of the support we can provide here unfortunately.

But, you might want to experiment with:

1. Removing the call to the CSS file altogether
    2. Adding one of the following filters to your functions.php : https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/#responsive

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Month view only showing dot on desktop view’ is closed to new replies.