month view links to top and filter bar catname

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO month view links to top and filter bar catname

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    digitaliway
    Participant

I have the filterbar on our site and when a category is selected there is no way to know what is selected so I would like a way to show the category name on the page if filtered. how do I do this? the filterbar also does not function on mobile.
    http://www.divinemercy.academy/events/

the next and previous month links appear at the bottom of the calendar month view and I need them in both top and bottom, how do I do this?

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us! To clarify here, it sounds like you’re having three separate issues/questions here?

1. Have the filtered event category show on the page when using the Filter Bar plugin
      There are some options here, however the first question I would have would be whether or not you’ve tried the Vertical option for the Filter Bar layout along with the “Checkboxes” option for the event categories. This way, the options and the selected categories will persist within the sidebar and users will be able to easily see what they’ve selected and what’s displaying within the calendar
    2. The Filter Bar plugin isn’t working on your current site while on mobile
      I just tested this one on my local install and was unable to replicate the issue. Have you tried following our Testing for Conflicts procedures to ensure there isn’t a conflict here with the existing theme?
    3. You want to show the month view month navigation above and below the calendar
      For this one, you can follow our Themer’s Guide to copy the the-events-calendar > src >views > month > content.php file into your theme and find the <?php tribe_get_template_part( 'month/nav' ); ?> which outputs that navigation and copy that to the top of the file there wherever you would like it to display.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

digitaliway
    Participant

I changed filterbar to vertical and yes it remains persistent but it would be better if I can keep horizontal and persistent. also instead of RESET FILTERS I would like to have an option of search all or possible change the name from RESET FILTERS to SHOW ALL.

I found that my theme was hiding the header navigation in the calendar month view and I fixed that.

as for mobile it is working, but clicking show filter hides the calendar and then after the search the filter then auto collapses and I would like the calendar to remain persistent as with the full site.

the attached image show the filter expanded and how the calendar does not show.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for following up here! You can continue to use the horizontal view there and get some of the same effect by making sure that the setting below that for the “Filters Default State” set to Open.

Unfortunately I’m limited on the amount of customization support that I can provide for these particular types of customizations. For the text change, you can follow our Themer’s Guide to copy the horizontal filter view from the filter bar plugins > src > views > filter-bar folder into your theme and updating the reset button text there.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘month view links to top and filter bar catname’ is closed to new replies.