Month Titles in List View – Not translated in French

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Month Titles in List View – Not translated in French

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

Hi,

We are using Events Calendar Pro with AVADA

When we switch to French (using WPML), the Month titles

tribe-events-list-separator-month

Are not translated into French. But many other areas of your plugin are in French. I’m wondering what is wrong and how we can fix?

Screenshot
    Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 16.37.26

Thank you

Geoff B.

Good evening Greg and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Before we go ahead, could you please confirm that you went through the complete procedure for setting up WPML to work with our products ?:

I would also recommend reading the following thread on that very topic: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-names-of-months-and-days/

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Greg
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

OK thanks, I’ve followed all those steps, particularly the support from WPML – the problem persists.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-names-of-months-and-days/#post-432806

– Go to wpml -> themes and plugins localization.
    – Enable “Translate by WPML” option
    – Enable “WPML will automatically download WordPress translations” option.

Within the section…

“Strings in the theme – The following strings were found in your theme.”

the-events-calendar
    Fully translated 0
    Not translated or needs update 7

tribe-events-calendar-pro
    Fully translated 0
    Not translated or needs update 7

It seems like there is 7 strings missing?

Thanks

Geoff B.

Hey Greg,

I’m sorry this didn’t work out for you.

The dates and months names will not come from the Events Calendar directly, so although your idea is good, we’ll have to find the root of the issue elsewhere.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your system information in a private reply ? (following the instructions found in the link)

Also, could you provide me with the actual URL to the site so that I can run some tests ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Greg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Greg,

Thank you for sharing the information.
    However, I am not able to access your staging server even after changing my host files for some reason.

As it turns out, I am part of the WPML compatibility team, so I would be very interested to know about any issues you might be experiencing with it.

As for WPML vs the Events Calendar compatibility, what I can tell you is that currently the Events Calendar is compatible with WPML for the following plugins:

• The Events Calendar free plugin
    • The Events Calendar Pro add-on (except for recurring events which we are in the process of fixing)

We will be gradually providing compatibility for other plugins on our mid-term and long-term roadmaps (including Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus).

With that in mind, I ran some tests and found the following:

1. You will probably find out that the month name translation are not completely done if you go to the String Translations menu in WPML. For example, you can do a search for April with the all strings and all domains options selected. Adding the missing translation should do the trick.
    2. There is indeed a bug (apparently introduced in the last version of  WPML) that prevents from returning tho the original language on a single event post.

As such, I have opened a bug ticket to investigate this further. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be informed as soon as a bugfix is released.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Geoff B.

One final note, if you follow the WPML support staff’s suggestion and switch to the Different languages in directories option instead of the Language as a parameter option and then proceed to re-save (update your permalinks), it should solve the bug.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff B.

Good morning Greg,

Surprise, WPML went ahead of schedule and released SitePress 3.5.3 (with new versions of Translation management + String Translation) which fixes some of the annoying outstanding issues including this one.

I would recommend updating and trying it out for yourself.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Month Titles in List View – Not translated in French’ is closed to new replies.