Mobile Calendar Recurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mobile Calendar Recurring Events

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Casper Blackwell
    Participant

Hello,

I have recurring events hidden in the calendar view using this CSS:

.tribe-events-month .tribe-recurring-event-child {display:none}

That is working fine, but in calendar view on an iPhone there are dot’s showing on the days of the recurring events, (see iPhone image), the event details are hidden.

Is there a way to remove/hide the dots that are signifying the days recurring events are on?

Please advise.

Cheers,
    Casper

Courtney

Hi Casper

To hide the dots, please try adding following code to your child theme, or in Appearance Β» Customize Β» Additional CSS:

.tribe-events-calendar .tribe-events-has-events:after
    {display: none;}

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Casper Blackwell
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

That seemed to hide all of the dots, including the first event of a recurring series (which are the dot(s) I would like to be visible). See screen shots below.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
    Casper

Courtney

Hi Casper

Can you remove the earlier code so that the dots are back on the mobile view? I’ll see if I can find a specific way to remove just recurring events then.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Casper Blackwell
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

I’ve removed the CSS.

Cheers,
    Casper

Courtney

Hi Casper

This will take a few steps to achieve. First, add this snippet to either your child theme’s functions.php file or use the My Custom Functions plugin:

function removeDot() {
        if (!is_admin()) {

wp_enqueue_script('jquery');

wp_enqueue_script('recurring-dot', get_bloginfo('template_url') . '/js/remove-recurring-dot.js', array('jquery'), '', false);

}
    }

add_action('init', 'removeDot');

Next, go to your server file manager wp-content/themes/yourtheme/js (might need to make the /js folder) and add this:

https://gist.github.com/mia-caro/c2985b331a999e593d422f1721660bb1

Finally, add the following code to your child theme, or in Appearance Β» Customize Β» Additional CSS:

.tribe-events-calendar .tribe-events-has-events.hide-dot:after { display: none; }

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Casper Blackwell
    Participant

Howdy,

I did the above, but is seems that the CSS portion:
    .tribe-events-calendar .tribe-events-has-events.hide-dot:after { display: none; }

is hiding the dots for the first instance of a class as well, so the class doesn’t show at all in month view on mobile.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
    Casper

Courtney

Hi Casper

So sorry for the delayed response. I’m just returning after a family vacation. I’ve passed this information along to one of our teammates to help me look into it further. We hope to have a response ready for you early next week.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Casper Blackwell
    Participant

Thanks for the update Courtney πŸ™‚

I’ll remove this CSS for now so the initial class shows in month view:

/* Hide Recurring dots on Mobile CURRENTLY TESTING */

Cheers,
    Casper

Courtney

Hi Casper

Now we have a better idea of what you want and have had a chance to review in a little more detail, I’m afraid to say this is actually beyond what we can help you with directly. Unfortunately, though this seems simple on the surface, it’s actually quite tricky to implement in practice. For that reason, it’s something you’d need to drive forward under your own steam.

You could check in with our Find A Customizer if you are wanting to hire someone to take this on.

I wish I had a more clear answer to share here.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Casper Blackwell
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this Courtney.

Is there a simple way to allow month view on the desktop, but disable on mobile? This would solve the issue of the “dots without details” on the mobile view.

For now I’ve turned of month view in the settings.

Thanks in advance,
    Casper

Courtney

Hey Casper

You can head to Events Β» Settings Β» Display Β» Default mobile view and change the mobile view to be different than the standard view on the desktop.

Thanks
    Courtney πŸ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Calendar Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.