Missing Translation Possibility

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Missing Translation Possibility

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    websource
    Participant
    Geoff B.

Hey Brian,

Great, thank you for confirming.

It does support my theory. For these specific strings, you could use the file found on there for now (there is an export button at the very bottom of that screen).

I will mark this as “Pending fix” again until the files from Glotpress are in sync with our /lang/ folders.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

websource
    Participant

Hi Geoff
    For this ticket also we arent there yet. (even after the update from yesterday)
    Please give me an ETA when this will get fixed.
    Thanks Brian

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Brian,

We just released a version where several improvements were made to the language files.

Would you mind giving it a shot and letting us know if this is satisfactory to you ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

websource
    Participant

Hi there

https://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2016/08/ce9f16ae5287698b.png
    and
    https://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2016/08/e67de920e6e007b8.png

still not translated – no open string at translations.theeventscalendar.com

Thanks
    Brian

Geoff B.

Good evening Brian,

Noted. We will bring this one back to the drawing board.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

websource
    Participant
    Geoff B.

Good evening Brian,

I am bringing these pending translations to our translation magician’s attention.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Andras
    Keymaster

Grüss dich Brian,

Thanks for hanging in there and thanks for your persistence regarding these issues. Your help is much appreciated!

The first string “Location” was a tricky one, but I found it and is already pending merge into our next release, so that will be translatable within a couple of weeks.

The second string “Additional Veranstaltung Fields” can actually be translated, only the .po files for Events Calendar Pro need to be update from the .pot.

• open the tribe-events-calendar-pro.pot file and check if the string “Additional %s Fields” exists. If not, then run an “Update from sources” in PoEdit. Then save and close.
    • Open tribe-events-calendar-pro-de_DE.po and run an “Update from POT file …”. Now the string should be added to the .po and you can translate it. Save and upload to wp-content/languages/plugins and you should be set.

Please check this last one and let us know if this helps.

Freundliche Grüsse
    Andras

websource
    Participant

Hi Andras

Thanks. For the field “Additional Veranstaltung Fields” will you make it available also through the next update?

Thanks
    Brian

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

If all goes well, then the .po files will also be updated in the next MR. Hopefully the Gods or Gettext and .po.mo will be with us. 🙂

If you want to be able to translate it now, then just follow the instructions in my previous post.

Cheers,
    Andras

websource
    Participant

Hi Andras
    Thanks Location works fine. However after the Update “Additional Veranstaltung Fields” is still not in the .po file
    Brian

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Brian,

First off, I would like to apologize for the delay answering.
    We are currently experiencing a higher level of requests than usual.

Please rest assured that we are working hard at correcting this situation.
    We appreciate your patience while we try to normalize things.

You are absolutely right.
    I will reassign this ticket to my colleague Andras to make sure it gets in there.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

websource
    Participant

Hi Geoff
    Thanks. Hope this gets completely fixed in the next release.
    Its taken more time than i ever expected and uses too much ressources on my end.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Brian,

I’m sorry this didn’t get fixed yet. The POT files are automatically generated based on the source when we are creating the plugin packages. We’ve been experiencing some bugs with this earlier this year, and while we have managed to get it fixed to most part, it seems there is still some glitch there. I’ll dive deeper into this so we can polish up our translations.

Thanks for reporting this and your seemingly infinite patience. I believe we have gone a long way in terms of translations since last year. Needless to say you were and are a major help in this for us, the German speaking community and inadvertently the non-English speaking community as well!

Cheers,

Andras

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing Translation Possibility’ is closed to new replies.