Missing Event image box in Event add or edit forms

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Missing Event image box in Event add or edit forms

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Hubbard
    Participant

Hi there
    The option to add an event image has disappeared. This was user reported so not sure when it happened. The entire Event Image box is missing from Community Create or Edit Event.
    I am checking out possible causes from my end. This is just to ask have others seen or reported this issue?
    cheers
    Jeff

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

I’m sorry you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you figure out what’s going on.

First, can you try updating to the latest versions of WordPress (4.9.2), The Events Calendar (4.6.9), and Community Events (4.5.8)? It looks like the versions you’re currently running are a bit older, so hopefully updating will solve this for you. If you don’t see a prompt to update in the Plugins section of your Dashboard, you can do so manually by following these instructions.

If not, the next step would be to test for conflicts with your theme and other plugins. Please make sure you have WP_DEBUG enabled during testing. If you don’t want to do this in your live site, the free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. You may also want to update (especially WordPress) in a staging site before doing so on your live site.

Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jeff Hubbard
    Participant

Hi Jennifer, thanks for that. Yes I suspected I might need to update. Still a bit cautious after an earlier update issue with TEC, but time to do it. Will let you know. BTW thanks for the tip about wp-staging plugin. That looks great

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Awesome, yes it is always good to update first in a staging site, just in case anything breaks. Let me know if it works!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing Event image box in Event add or edit forms’ is closed to new replies.