Mini Calendar Widget Showing Incorrect Date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mini Calendar Widget Showing Incorrect Date

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

When viewing the Mini Calendar widget on the homepage of the site, an event with a start time of 6 pm or later will cause the day of the week/date indicator to the left of the event to display the next day’s day of the week/date.

For example in this screenshot:

http://www.saintjoanofarc.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/mini-calendar-widget-normal-view.jpg

The “Intercessory Prayer Service” event takes place at 7 pm on January 21st, however the indicator is showing Jan 22.

When clicking on the 21st on the calendar widget however, the indicator displays correctly as shown in this screenshot:

http://www.saintjoanofarc.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/mini-calendar-widget-single-day.jpg

We believe what is happening is the indicator is going off of UTC time, as we are at UTC -6. We verified the time zone is set to Chicago, rather than any of the UTC settings however. We would appreciate any guidnace you can offer.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Anthony and welcome back!

Thank you for your question and for providing all the necessary details.

We believe what is happening is the indicator is going off of UTC time, as we are at UTC -6. We verified the time zone is set to Chicago, rather than any of the UTC settings however.

You might be on to something. Typically, the timezone of events is based on:

• The WordPress site wide timezone setting (worth re-saving if you haven’t already) under Settings -> General 
    • The Events Calendar timezone settings under Events -> Settings -> Timezone settings (at the very bottom of the page)

As a first step, can you confirm what your timezone setting is for The Events Calendar part ? (also worth re-saving just to be sure).

As a second step, to the best of your knowledge, are you using any templates overrides ?

If you are unsure, the next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and letting us know what your findings are.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great evening,

Geoff B.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Hello Geoff,

The Timezone setting for The Events Calendar is correctly set to Chicago.

We are using a template override but have disabled it and it did not fix the issue.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Geoff B.

Good evening Anthony,

Thank you for confirming the information and trying to disable the template overrides.

I am unsure if you also tested for plugin conflict since that can also be the cause of the issue ?

Either way, by doing some research, I came across this excellent post from my colleague Brian that seems to address a very similar issue. If you do not mind, could you please give it a read and a try ?

Let me know if that works.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Hello Geoff,

We have disabled all other plugins, we have switched to the 2015 theme, and we have tried the code you suggested as well and unfortunately the problem persists.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Anthony,

Thank you for trying my suggestions. I am sorry it did not resolve the issue yet.
    I appreciate your patience on getting to the bottom of this.

With that in mind, I have another thing I would like you to try.

Could you change the timezone settings under Events -> Settings to “Use the local timezones for each event” and tell me if that works ?

Thank you in advance.

Geoff B.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Hello Geoff,

That seemed to do that trick, it is displaying properly now.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Geoff B.

Good evening Anthony,

I am glad this resolved your issue.

As a side note, this has been logged as a bug.

As such, you will be informed as soon as it is fixed. I unfortunately cannot commit to a specific date for now, but the important thing is that your Calendar now works properly.

Have a wonderful day!

Geoff B.

Geoff

Hey there!

Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we released Events Calendar PRO 4.0.6 last night and it included a fix for this issue. Please check your WordPress updates, or you can also grab the latest copy by logging into this site and heading to My Account > Downloads.

Thanks for your patience while we worked on this! Please feel free to open a new thread if you continue to experience the same issue or have any other questions that pop up during updating and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Mini Calendar Widget Showing Incorrect Date’ is closed to new replies.