Mini Calendar Widget links not working after upgrade to 3.4.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mini Calendar Widget links not working after upgrade to 3.4.1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Same issue as others have reported with events visible but nothing happens when you click on them. Seems like going back to 3.3 solves it and gets the calendar working again. Do I need to take that path, or are you close to figuring out what is wrong in 3.4.1?

Ex: http://marysherwoodlifestyles.com top right column

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Dave. Great question! 🙂

I just checked again and on my install on default TwentyTwelve, the links in the calendar widget all work as expected.

Have you confirmed that you still experience the same behavior with other plugins deactivated on a default WP theme? Which other users are reporting this behavior?

Thanks!

Dave
    Participant

Thx Kelly, It’s a production site so it’s hard to do a lot of troubleshooting. If it quiets down tonight I’ll give it a shot. Others with this issue? I searched “mini calendar links” and a number of 3.4 issues bubble up.

tammylfinch
    Participant

I have the same problem (artspartners.net) and really need a fix other than going backwards on versions. The widget does work in Chrome, but not Firefox or IE (all current versions).

Dave
    Participant

Interesting tammy – thx! In our case it doesn’t seem to matter – mac or pc; ie, firefox, safari, chrome – none work. When I mouse over an event in the mini calendar plugin the link it wants to forward me to is: http://mydomain.com/#

tammylfinch
    Participant

Oops – I take back my claim about it working in Chrome. We’ve also had problems with the W3 Total Cache latching on to old pages, and this was one of those instances. Once I forced the cache to clear, I loaded the current page and it no longer works.

Dave
    Participant

Thx tammy! So we’re all in sync that this widget is broken. According to the tribe blog there was a lot of work done to it in 3.4 – two steps forward, one step back, oh well. I’ve reverted to 3.3 on my production site and all is well again.

tammylfinch
    Participant

Reverting back is not a good option for me. I did find the <body> tag fix for the main calendar month-to-month navigation, so at least that’s working. My other alternative is to simply drop the widget until there’s a fix.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Dave and Tammy. It looks like both of you have been bitten by a dependency that we introduced in 3.4.

Basically, both of your themes are missing body_class(). So, typically in your theme’s header.php template, the tag

<body>

needs to become

<body <?php body_class() ?>>

Then, your site should work just fine with 3.4. 🙂

Please give that a go and let us know how it works for you.

Dave
    Participant

Thx Kelly! But I don’t understand what you’re saying… I’m not seeing anything in my header.php with pre id tags

Kelly
    Participant

Sorry about that, Dave! Apparently the forum choked on the code in my reply. Oops!

I’ve edited that response to make it readable. Can you see it now?

Dave
    Participant

Much better! Now it makes sense, but seems too simple 😉 I’ll give it a shot.

Dave
    Participant

Hi Kelly, I updated the header.php with the body tag as suggested but it didn’t solve the problem – still cannot change months or open an event from the mini calendar.

-d

Dave
    Participant

Note I tried switching themes to 2014 and 2013 to see if the mini-calendar works there, but they break the site so badly it’ll take days to get it where I could even see if it helps…

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Dave. I just wanted to check in and see how things are going. Have you made any progress on your troubleshooting?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Mini Calendar Widget links not working after upgrade to 3.4.1’ is closed to new replies.