mini calendar links not functioning

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO mini calendar links not functioning

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joecalibre
    Participant

1. I have The Events Calendar 3.6 and The Events Calendar Pro 3.6
    2. I have a custom Events template page that uses the Events Calendar widget here: http://www.limegrovecentre.com/events/
    3. The plugin default page which I don’t intend to use is here: http://www.limegrovecentre.com/our_events/
    4. Regarding the mini-calendar. I have made styling but no functional edits to the calendar. My intention is to have days with events link to another page in what I think should be an Event List in Day View.
    5. But right now the calendar links don’t function at all. Not even the month navigation buttons. And I can’t sort out why. Is it a JavaScript or AJAX conflict? Where is the page that produces those links? It looks like events-calendar-pro/views/pro/widgets/grid.php assembles the pieces of the calendar but does not create those links. It looks like the link data is assembled here: events-calendar-pro/public/template-tags/widgets.php in the routine: tribe_events_the_mini_calendar_day_link. Can I update this file? Can I create an overwrite version of this file in my theme? But more importantly why do the links not function?
    6. How do I change those links in the mini-calendar to a new page with Day View with a list of events for that day? And how do I make it all function?
    7. Additionally, I created a sample event that was Sticky. But when I deleted that event, I still get the sticky post on the Calendar widget. Is this a bug? What’ s my fix for getting rid of this very very sticky Sticky post?

I think I will be very happy with this plugin especially once I can get the links in the mini-calendar widget working. Thankyou.

joecalibre
    Participant

Ok. So I was being lazy and didn’t check the forums. This seems like an important issue for anybody using a non-standard theme. I am using ThemeForest’s inovado. But more to the point, I registered my own sidebar function and I didn’t do it entirely correctly. If the month nav links in your Events Calendar Mini Pro Calendar are NOT working, it’s likely a problem registering the space for the widget. See this thread for more details: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/calendar-widget-issue/#post-109153. Specifically something like this should fix your month nav arrows in the mini calendar: ‘before_widget’ => ‘<div id=”%1$s” class=”widget %2$s”>’, ‘after_widget’ => ‘</div>’. That’s in your functions.php file while registering sidebars.

Meanwhile, per my original request: where can I look to turn mini calendar day links to a new page with an Event List for all events for that day?

Casey
    Participant

joecalibre,
    Thanks for getting in touch! So glad that you were able to utilize the forums to answer your first question, so let’s move on to question #2:

How do I change those links in the mini-calendar to a new page with Day View with a list of events for that day? And how do I make it all function?

You should be able to perform a template override on ‘views/pro/widgets/mini-calendar/single-event.php’ (see our themer’s guide for template override instructions) to modify where each link points to. Just look for this code and modify the ‘href’ param to point wherever you’d like:

Hopefully that gets you started in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

joecalibre
    Participant

I’m scratching my head on this.
    1. I want to restrict the listed events under the mini-calendar for TODAY only. It looks like I have to add a filter to my template overwrite file at pro/widgets/mini-calndar/list.php which is the loop that lists those events, I think. But even when I go look at http://docs.tri.be/Events-Calendar-PRO/ I can’t sort out a proper limit by today filter or where to put it. Although I reckon I’d put it just before the while have posts line whatever that date filter line should look like.
    2. The other part is how to get the dates in the mini-calendar to link to a page: day view with an events list limited to that date. It looks like public/template-tags/widgets.php produces the individual day links (line 89) but I don’t know where to start to build a single day view with an event list. Suggestions?

Casey
    Participant

joecalibre,
    The plugin already contains a built-in day view, so I’m not exactly clear why you’re needing to recreate this functionality. With that being said, you should be able to use tribe_get_events() to query any events that you’re wanting to display.

Hopefully that gets you pointed in the right direction to make this customization. Good luck and thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

joecalibre
    Participant

So:
    1. Resolved: I have got my mini-calendar links working.
    2. Resolved: I believe I am able to limit the mini-calendar to only show list-info (under the calendar) for only events for TODAY by editing pro/widgets/mini-calendar/single-event.php and putting most of that returned content inside the conditional if ($postDate == $today)
    3. The last bit I am trying to sort out is getting a list in day view – so all of the events for one day – when a user clicks a date in the mini-calendar. No doubt I’m doing this the hard way. I created a custom template for my events. I know I either show default content which I have so far already managed or I can filter by receiving the mini-calendar link, namely the variable data-day. I think I’m on my way to solving it all – even if I am doing it the hard way – if I can sort out how to receive and use that AJAX variable data-day. Is there a function that returns that variable? I searched Google and these forums but could not find any tips (likely because I’m doing all of this the hard way). So, yes, please, my last hurdle: how do I collect/receive/use the mini-calendar link variable, namely data-day? Or is receiving and using an AJAX variable to generate/regenerate template content more trouble than I want? Thanks.

Casey
    Participant

joecalibre,
    I definitely wouldn’t suggest trying to customize any ajax-related functionality, as your changes might not work if we modify the code-base in a later version. As such, we unfortunately can’t offer you much more help here, but hopefully you’re able to find what you need by searching our docs or searching the codebase with a good file search program.

Good luck and Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘mini calendar links not functioning’ is closed to new replies.