Menu’s will not collapse in the admin – conflict with WooCommerce Subscriptions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Menu’s will not collapse in the admin – conflict with WooCommerce Subscriptions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    larissa23
    Participant

None of the select menu’s in The Event Calendar admin collapse making it unusable. For example when trying to input a venue, the country select list will not collapse and covers all the input fields below so I cant add venue details. I have isolated the conflict by turning off all plugins and turning on one by one – “WooCommerce Subscriptions” is the culprit. I absolutely have to run WooCommerce Subscriptions on my site for subscription meat box deliveries. I was hoping to use your Event Calendar with WooTickets add-on along side for cooking class bookings. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Barry

Hi larissa23, we can’t always help with third party plugins but I think it would be worth making an effort in this case – bear with us and I’ll update you again as quickly as I can (at this point, however, that may be early next week).

jebs38
    Participant

Barry,

This is a huge issue for many of us. The problem makes it so that I have turn Woocommerce off and on to add listings.

jebs38
    Participant

Here is the fix! It worked perfectly for me.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-pro-with-wootickets-breaks-woocommerce/

Here is the code for your functions.php file from user windfarm: https://gist.github.com/windfarm/6225952

Barry

Ah yes, good find. Can you confirm if that works for you larissa23?

This is a huge issue for many of us.

I can imagine so. The problem that snippet solves is that WooCommerce or WooCommerce Subscriptions sets up stylesheets and perhaps other things on admin screens that it is not responsible for and shouldn’t impact on – such as ours.

Ideally it would only enqueue scripts and stylesheets on those admin screens it is responsible for and I’d definitely suggest reaching out to their authors and highlighting this issue.

larissa23
    Participant

Unfortunately, no it hasn’t solved it for me. Menu’s will still not collapse with WooCommerce Subscriptions so is still a problem for me.

Barry

OK, so it may be a subtly different problem in your case. If you can bear with us a little longer we’re just touching base with WooThemes and will update you again as quickly as we can.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi larissa23,

We just obtained a fresh copy of WooCommerce Subscriptions and best I can tell the problem is as per the thread and solution John linked to (by one of our developers, Kyle), unless something else is at play in your installation.

Can you confirm exactly which file you added the snippet to and perhaps even share the complete functions.php file with the fix added (using a service like Pastebin or Gist) so we can check and see if it was added in the wrong place or anything of that order?

Thanks!

larissa23
    Participant

Hi Again, appreciate the help. I’ve added it to the theme’s functions.php
    Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Ld3yPc70
    Path on the server: /public_html/wp-content/themes/maxima-v1-04/functions.php

As I mentioned, its fine with WooCommerce active, but not once I activate WooCommerce Subscriptions

larissa23
    Participant

Further to my above post, I’m using Event Calendar the free version, not Event Calendar Pro, with WooCommerce Tickets – could this be the difference?

Barry

Hi Larissa,

Nothing jumps out as being incorrect (with where you added the code) so I am unsure why that isn’t taking effect, yet it sounds like you are facing the very same problem that snippet is intended to resolve. One possibility is that we are each using different versions of WooCommerce Subscriptions (1.4.3 in our case) and the script handle is different, or perhaps the situation is being compounded by another plugin/your theme. It’s difficult to say.

With all that said, since not only have you identified WooCommerce Subscriptions as the “culprit” but we are able to confirm this problem happens because they are setting up stylesheets on admin pages that they should not be interfering with, it may be best to go to the source and seek further support from WooThemes/the addon author in this case.

On our end we’ll definitely drop them a line to make them aware of this, too, but I’m afraid there isn’t too much more assistance we can offer at this point.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Larissa. As itโ€™s been a couple of weeks since your last post, Iโ€™m going to close this thread. Please feel free to open a new one if you choose to pursue this further.

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu’s will not collapse in the admin – conflict with WooCommerce Subscriptions’ is closed to new replies.