Maps not showing on Events listings

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Maps not showing on Events listings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

Hello,

I cannot get the maps to show on any of the event listings within my site. When I refresh the page they appear briefly and then disappear as if something is blocking them. I have ensured that the Google API’s are correct and matching. Plugins and themes have also been checked.

Can you please suggest a fix for this?
    Many thanks
    Kim

Hi Kim,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Kim
    Participant

Hi Jaime,
    thanks for this. I have gone through all of the steps that you suggest but the maps are still not showing – there has been no change to the message about Javascript.

Could you have a look for me please and see if I have missed out something obvious in the setup etc?

Many thanks
    Kim

Kim
    Participant

Hi,

I seem to have fixed the problem – set up another API key and now it is working again!

Many thanks for your assistance

Kim

Glad to see that things are working again, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Maps not showing on Events listings’ is closed to new replies.